The Hairy Bikers
The Two Fat Ladies
The National Trust cookbooks
Brian Turner
Nigel Slater
Valentine Warner

And a few more!!

Great topic Ninner! XX
Thank you for your support F/T. I have added you to my "Inter-Active Cookbooks" . I hope you will bring us a recipe for our families to enjoy from one of your favorite Chefs?

Sue

Re: My Favorite Chef?

Post by Sue » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:28 pm

Ninner wrote:
Sue Lau wrote:I love Violet Oon after KitchenManiac on the then Zaar turned me on to her recipe for Curry Devil. And I love Martha Stewart for her cookies, and while not a chef per se, I love Fine Cooking for their juicy magazines.
I hear my Dh calling out "I want to marry this girl!" Sue would you like to "Showcase" one of your favorite cooks plus a recipe?
I can do that when I get time. I'll let you know. :)

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:32 pm

Thanks Sue! So when do you think you will have the time to take Dh off my hands? lol.

You have been added to the list.

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:43 am

French Tart, I wanted to mention that Jamie Oliver has a new book coming out "Jamie's Great Britain" . It has not been released yet here in North America but I will order it as soon as it reaches the library.

"Celebrating Britain's very best food Jamie grew up in one of the first true British "gastropubs", which his Mum and Dad still run today. For him, the heart and soul of real British cooking is food that puts a smile on your face. And that's what he wants to share in the new book: the essence of British food, done properly. Over the years, British food culture has embraced flavours and influences from all the people who came and made Great Britain their home. The food reflects an open-minded culture as well as the country's beauty. There are over 100 of Jamie's favourite recipes: some are indisputable classics, some are his versions of the classics, some should be classics but just haven't been made famous yet and others he's made up from the great bounty of British produce. Wherever you're from, if you love food this book will offer you a little taste of happiness."

You & I have often talked about the wonderful food available in the Pubs. I look forward to bringing these recipes to my family & friends.

CoffeeB

Post by CoffeeB » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:23 am

I know Paula Deen is someone who most can relate to as far as her recipes being things you have in your cupboards. I happen to find her recipes all easy to follow as well. I have a few favorite recipes of hers, but I"m not sure where I should post them?

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:17 pm

Sounds wonderful CoffeeB! I would love to add you to the list to Host?

CoffeeB

Post by CoffeeB » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:41 pm

To host? What would that entail?

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:05 pm

CoffeeB wrote:To host? What would that entail?
Yes to Host. Very much like the reading threads but this will be "inter-active".

You will post a recipe to the site of a favorite Chef who has a published book. Quoting the book you have chosen. Then the members will make the recipe & report back.

I will be first out of the box & there are members who have already signed on.

This will not only add recipes to our site but make it possible for the members to choose more recipes from the book you have chosen to post here on Site.

This thread is listed in this Forum & called "Inter-Active Cookbooks". I would give you the link but have not figured out how to do that yet, sorry.

CoffeeB

Post by CoffeeB » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:38 pm

Got it. Sounds fun. Count me in.