Read any new/interesting cookbooks lately?

Dissie

Re: Read any new/interesting cookbooks lately?

Post by Dissie » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:38 am

I just found a "thrift" store here and they have many cookbooks. One that I have been eyeing is 99 ways to cook chicken. Don't know the author, I have just seen it and thought, might be some good recipes to try or atleast tweak! :lol:

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:29 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Homemade-Pantry-F ... 030788726X

I had this out from the library and it looked good.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:48 am

My mother gave me a cookbook, local recipes for Christmas and also one, local, for my birthday. So I have been enjoying reading them. I have only made one recipe so far however, and I loved it. It was the sauerkraut casserole. There are several other recipes that I want to try. Lots of wild rice things, and I have been leaning towards making one of those. I adore wild rice, while my picky hubby doesn't care for it. He can have a sandwich that night! :lol:

limeleaf

Post by limeleaf » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Yes! Every Grain of Rice by Fuschia Dunlop on Chinese cooking, Jerusalem by ottolenghi, Diana Henry's new book (forget the name but something like Change of Appetite), and Remarkably Delicious by Rozanne Gold, also A Girl and Her Pig by April Bloomfield. I love cookbooks!

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:06 am

OMG I love the name of A Girl and Her Pig! Awesome! Made me smile! Cookbooks are one of my favorite reads. Lots of recipes that really sound bland, but then again, I always see them as ideas and possibilities, not rules. I always spice them up to make them what my family would like, after all we don't have recipe police! =)) Maybe I am wrong, but I read a recipe and then adapt for my families tastes. Especially the older recipes where they don't use spices! America used to be a bland sort of place! :lol: