What Are You Reading 2021

Shadows1

Re: What Are You Reading 2021

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:59 am

Hope your convalescence goes well! At this stage no one should be getting Covid, masks and vaccines !
I know you were following safe practice but EVERYONE needs to do so!
Both my wife and I are immune compromised and the meds we take do not allow us to get the shots so we are at the mercy of those around us.
GET WELL!
Have been reading like a fool, more books the I can remember I will post if I hit on one worthy of mention.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:26 pm

Thank you Shadows, both recovery and physio going well but remains the no bending. stretching and lifting remain in place. I am now at the point where I have to remind myself to follow through if I want to garden come spring. So there will be reading!

I found the 'Alice Toklas Cookbook 'an interesting read and no doubt will give several of the recipes a go. Not sure how it happened but got side tracked on Anderson Cooper's 'Vanderbilt:The Rise and Fall of An American Dynasty]'' as it is an intriguing and incredible story. On for the weekend.

From my e library today The Final Curtsey:A Royal Family Memoir by the Queens Cousin' by Margaret Roades. A Sunday Times best seller in the UK. Added to my Kindle Cloud Reader 'Rez Life An Indian Journey Through Reservation Life ' by prize winning author David Treuer. " a blend of history, memoir and journalism"

What are you reading?

lovinretirement

Post by lovinretirement » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:26 pm

I have a really heartwarming Christmas book that I've read twice actually. It's a true story about a wealthy man from my hometown, Canton, Ohio, during the depression. And how he wanted to share with those who weren't as fortunate as himself. It's called "A Secret Gift" by Ted Gup, grandson of the main character. I actually got to meet him and have him sign my copy. He also had one of the people with him that his grandfather helped, and he signed the page where his story was told.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:20 pm

I too found " A Secret Gift" by Ted Gup a heart warming read lovinretirement, I suspect it may have been your recommend! Its been a challenging year for me, thankfully I have got past the no bending and no lifting these past weeks and while running a touch late I am on tract for Christmas. I am learning to be patient and will work at the healing so come the New Year I have promised myself unlimited reading time. Not seeing much participation here at our library site I have to give thanks to one of my face book sites that saw me add a good number of books to my Cloud Reader.

I am looking forward to "Penny the Story of a Basset Hound by Hal Borderland the author of " The Dog Who Came To Stay" and "The Farm In The Green Mountains" by Alice Herdan Zuchermayer. "The charming return to the land, a memoir of a refugee family who find their true home in the backwoods of rural Vermont.

What are you reading?

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:21 pm

Also on my read list is "Anne Frank: The Biography: Updated and Expanded With New Material " By Melissa Muller. Praised as "remarkable, meticulous and long overdue"

What are you reading?

lovinretirement

Post by lovinretirement » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:44 am

Gerry wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:20 pm
I too found " A Secret Gift" by Ted Gup a heart warming read lovinretirement, I suspect it may have been your recommend! Its been a challenging year for me, thankfully I have got past the no bending and no lifting these past weeks and while running a touch late I am on tract for Christmas. I am learning to be patient and will work at the healing so come the New Year I have promised myself unlimited reading time. Not seeing much participation here at our library site I have to give thanks to one of my face book sites that saw me add a good number of books to my Cloud Reader.

I am looking forward to "Penny the Story of a Basset Hound by Hal Borderland the author of " The Dog Who Came To Stay" and "The Farm In The Green Mountains" by Alice Herdan Zuchermayer. "The charming return to the land, a memoir of a refugee family who find their true home in the backwoods of rural Vermont.

What are you reading?
Slow but sure wins the race, Gerry. I'm so glad you're progressing.
I'm pretty sure I've read The Dog Who Came To Stay. "The Farm In The Green Mountains" sounds very interesting. Hope you have a blessed Christmas.
Sheila