Cookbooks by America's Test Kitchen

WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

Cookbooks by America's Test Kitchen

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Does anyone have any of these? I would like to eventually get some of them, but we are on a budget. I'm wondering if any would be worth my moolah.

Also I'm wondering if any would be reminiscent of the old Betty Crocker Cookbooks (Except with more modern, healthy ways of doing things). Anyone old enough to remember those?

Shadows1

Re: Cookbooks by America's Test Kitchen

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:15 pm

I remember them but do not have any. We do have Fanny Farmer books going back to the early 50's.

Misa

Post by Misa » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:16 pm

Hi GonnaEat!

I don't have any of the big ones that encompass all the show featured recipes, but I have a few of the yearly Cooking for Two and the Complete Cooking for Two from ATK. I quite like those since it's just me and the hubby, and the recipes I have tried have come out very well. If you sign up for their e-mail newsletter, you will get a weekly email with free recipes, but access for them is just a short period. You might want to see if your local library has any for check-out, too. ATK has so many different books!

My mom has my grandmother's copy of one of the early editions of the Betty Crocker cookbook. My grandmother passed away last year, so it was nice to sit down with my mom on the couch, flipping through it. You could tell which recipes she used a lot by the stained pages and sparse notes in pencil.

WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:22 am

My sister has a Betty Crocker cookbook from '69 or '70. She used to use it a lot. It's probably collecting dust somewhere by now. Next time I see her I'm gonna ask her about it. She had a Ranger Cookie recipe from it that she made, I believe.