Danielle Steel

cooks42

Danielle Steel

Post by cooks42 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi Ninner! I never read D.S. years ago because she didn't provide a preview of what her books were about (her hard bound ones she did). I didn't want to buy a book I had no interest in. I live in a beautiful mobile home park and we have a library here. I'm just in hog heaven there! lol I saw a lot of D.S. books and decided to read one or two. Well, let me tell you, I haven't put one of her books down yet! I know I'm a little late, but better late than never!

Ninner

Re: Danielle Steel

Post by Ninner » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:18 am

Morning Cooks!

I have not thought about her in many years. I have read many of her books. They classify her as a romance novelist but I do feel she should be recognized for more. She has written a number of children's books & several non fiction. She has been married 5 times which I am sure helped bring a few ideas to her books.

It is nice having a library so close to you. I do enjoy spending time at mine.

cooks42

Post by cooks42 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:34 pm

OMG!! 5 times? I thought she had a lot of kids, this sort of explains some of it! I know her son died of an over-dose some years ago. I agree with you about her writing more than just romance novels. I must have borrowerd about 8 of her books from our library here. Wish I had the time to read as much as I'd like. Actually, that's incorrect. I do have the time, but my priorities have changed some. I just give myself so much to do, that reading has had to take a back seat right now. I do get some done in the evenings. What have you been reading? I recently read a book by an author with the last name of Tademy. She had been high up the corporate ladder of a company, I think it was Sun Systems (something like that). She got interested in her family's heritage and decided to take time off to research it. It began when her family on her mother's side were slaves up until today. Then she wrote another book, concentrating on her father's side. I gave the book to a friend as soon as I finished it, and for the life of me, I can't remember thre name of it or her first name. Suppose I could look it up. I haven't found the second book yet. I've been told it's as good as the first book.If so, I can't wait to read it. Bye for now!

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Yes, OMG 5 times. I can't remember everything but I think she lost the child in the second marriage. She had 5 children in the third marriage & one female in the first(something about that child?).She spent all her waking hours with them/children. She lived on 4hrs, sleep a night publishing if not two but three books a year. This was just the non-fiction. She published many children's books plus 3 non-fiction. One that hit the New York Times for close to a year.

" I recently read a book by an author with the last name of Tademy."

I would like to get back to you on this as I have just ordered another book that is further from my usual. Please give me sometime on posting something I found of interest?

cooks42

Post by cooks42 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi again~~Not sure what you mean about getting back to you. Sorry, mayb e a typo, or I'm dumber than I thought ROFL!! Talk to ya soon!

cooks42

Post by cooks42 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Gotcha!!

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:14 am

Morning Cook42. Yes it is the author "Tademy" that I want to look into. I have never heard the name. I do apologise for the slow response as I am not receiving e-mail.

Thought since I was posting to you, That I should look up the author. Not a lot available on the Web.

"Red River
Tademy, Lalita.
Publisher:: Warner Books,
Pub date:: 2007.
Pages:: 420 p."

Did you read this book? Please tell me something about the story if you have read it?