Who will...

Moderators: Shadows1, QueenBea

Shadows1

Who will...

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Who will be preparing part or all of their holiday repase on/in your outdoor cooking contraptions?
Share with us how it goes please.

Kchurchill5

Re: Who will...

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:56 am

I will be ...
These are the plans.

First my friend the charter fisherman will be getting me some fish to smoke. Hopefully amberjack. So, I will have smoked fish dip available.

Xmas eve is my sons choice; probably a marinated grilled pork tenderloin, which will be on the grill. He also likes my spuds I do on the grill since, they get a nice smoky flavor; and, my grilled portabello mushrooms, stuffed with a cheesy filling.

Xmas day, NO, just me and I am reheating all my T-day leftovers, for a whole other T-day dinner

The day after Xmas, over to my friends; and we have a huge LOW country boil (FL style - with lobsters, clams, mussels, artichokes + all the basics) in the turkey fries. About 40 of us.
Last year I did oysters on the grill, bread will be on the grill; as will the bananas in foil pouches for the kids desserts. I am sure there will be other appies on the grill too.

New Years Eve, another party with friends at their place; and, the grill is always used. I usually do my ribs; and they do their stuffed potato halves. This year I may do my grilled artichoke hearts. I am taking my smoked onion dip. I smoked that a few weeks ago. Just puree with fresh onions, leeks, scallions; sour cream, mayo, some seasoning; and, it is delicious with chips and veggies.

New Years Day, I would love to smoke some pork; but, not sure. Depends on weather, what I have on hand; and, what the plans are. I go to an open house every year; but, only for a hour or so to say hi. So, dinner is just me. I wouldn't mind trying some oysters too; or chops which I haven't done in a while. If I can get salmon on sale, that would be good too.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:17 pm

Will be roasting chestnuts on the grill and smoking a pork loin for New Years, not sure what else yet!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:51 am

I thought about chestnuts, haven't done them in years. I may do that for my friends NY's party. That would be lots of fun.

Although, I know my gang loves boiled peanuts too. I haven't done those in a couple of years either.