Grilled flank steak with BBQ veggies

Moderators: Shadows1, QueenBea

sharonz

Grilled flank steak with BBQ veggies

Post by sharonz » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:47 am

I tried this recipe on Saturday and everyone just loved it. I think everyone should give it a try.
Ingredients :
1 flank steak (about 600 g/20 ozs)
1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp (15 mL) each sodium reduced soy and Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, grated
2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
2 tsp (10 mL) extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
1 pkg (170 g/6 oz) sliced portabella mushrooms
1 small red onion, cut into wedges
1 zucchini, sliced
1 red pepper, quartered
3 cups (750 mL) baby spinach
Directions :
Using a fork, pierce flank steak all over and place in a resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy and Worcestershire sauces, garlic, rosemary, oil and mustard. Reserve 2 tbsp (25 mL) and pour remaining mixture into the bag. Refrigerate steak for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day. Place mushrooms, onion, zucchini and red pepper in a large bowl and spray lightly with cooking spray. Place vegetables on preheated greased grill over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally until tender crisp and golden. Return to bowl and drizzle with reserved balsamic mixture and toss to combine. Add spinach to wilt slightly; set aside. Place steak on grill turning occasionally for about 12 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove to clean cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain. Place steak over top of salad to serve.
Prep. Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Makes: 6 servings
Source : http://www.physiomed.ca/blog/healthy-ea ... q-veggies/

Gerry

Re: Grilled flank steak with BBQ veggies

Post by Gerry » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:29 pm

Good to see you here Sharon, that looks like a great recipe. Ventured over to your page hoping I can persuade you to post the recipe along with your favourites to your recipe collection! :)

Shadows1

Re: Grilled flank steak with BBQ veggies

Post by Shadows1 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:38 pm

Thank You for your recipe sharonz next time please post in one of the sticky topic areas that is here to help keep things searchable.
Thanks again.