Getting ready

Moderators: Shadows1, QueenBea

Shadows1

Getting ready

Post by Shadows1 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:19 pm

I know this might sound crazy but now is the time to start getting your outdoor cooking equipment ready for the season. Make sure your smokers are clean and ready to use. Your gas grills and smokers tubes, burners and regulators are clean and ready. Order your smoking chips and woods now, they are cheaper this time of year.
Enjoy your outdoor cooking when the weather is right for you without the hassle !

QueenBea

Re: Getting ready

Post by QueenBea » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:27 pm

:-BD It's not coming fast enough Lee

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:44 pm

Well I have really never stopped, so it is here for me LOL!

CrazyGabe

Post by CrazyGabe » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:02 pm

Nice weather here so weve been grillin all year :D

Chaz

Post by Chaz » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:14 pm

I could eat grilled food everyday of the year and there's probably nothing wrong with that, contrary to popular belief, the saturated fat in beef is actually healthy for you, so don't buy into all the "red meat will kill you" hype, it's probably better than eating pizza and fried foods since those are higher in calories ;)

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:41 pm

FL, so grilling year round. Chaz; I totally agree. And, I don't mind 2% milk; but, real butter, real mayo ... I may use a couple of low fat ... but no NO FAT items. I prefer real food. Yep, a good steak in moderation is not bad for you; way better than take out or fast food.

As for my grill; agree Shadows ... must be clean and checked out before using. Very good point. I keep mine clean and ready to go year round. I try to grill at least 3-4 days a week or more.

Blinky

Post by Blinky » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi Shadows! The only time we don't grill is when it rains hard otherwise it's grilling all year for us :D

Blinky

Post by Blinky » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:18 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:FL, so grilling year round. Chaz; I totally agree. And, I don't mind 2% milk; but, real butter, real mayo ... I may use a couple of low fat ... but no NO FAT items. I prefer real food. Yep, a good steak in moderation is not bad for you; way better than take out or fast food.

As for my grill; agree Shadows ... must be clean and checked out before using. Very good point. I keep mine clean and ready to go year round. I try to grill at least 3-4 days a week or more.
KChurchill5 I don't know how anyone eats that no fat sour cream or cottage cheese or fat-free milk, anything no fat tastes really bad and I mean REALLY BAD! I hate that stuff, for me it could be lower fat but I like the taste of all fat, if you take all the fat off beef or pork you are removing all the flavor, the pork that you buy now is so dry because they cut off all the fat!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:19 pm

I agree Blinky. I little low fat now and then is OK; but, I prefer real. NO fat stuff is just so full of sugar and NOT good for you.

If you want a big juicy steak for dinner ... make yourself a big salad with lots of veggies, a simple vinaigrette; and, you can even half a small roll. Or cutting carbs; have a couple of small new potatoes; and some braised spinashed or kale on the side; or even some extra roasted veggies.

There are lots of ways to enjoy rich hearty meals; by just adding a few more veggies to your plate. And, then, FULL FAT foods are still fine.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:56 pm

What does this have to do with getting your outdoor equipment ready?