Moving soon. Need to use this stuff up!

Looking for a specific recipe? ask here someone will be along ASAP to help you out!
Sue

Moving soon. Need to use this stuff up!

Post by Sue » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:54 am

Need to use some things up in my kitchen and will be looking for ideas of "usage and abusage".
So feel free to offer your ideas, and links (if its something posted.) It's a chance to get something reviewed or commented on (by someone who actually prepared the recipe) etc.
They help me rid myself of extra baggage.
I'll be adding to this list.
1. Sugar-free chocolate syrup
2. Green peppercorns
3. sweet relish
4. banana peppers also banana pepper rings
5. green olives

Kchurchill5

Re: Moving soon. Need to use this stuff up!

Post by Kchurchill5 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:07 pm

Relish ... deviled eggs, egg salad, chicken salad, thousand island dressing; etc. Other than that, just on a burger. Sorry, can't do much there.

Chocolate syrup, sorry. NOT on my list.

Green peppercorns, a creamy peppercorn sauce
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/pan-se ... sauce-5523

That's all I got; but, I do add peppercorns to lots of salmon dishes too. Just nothing posted.

Green olives ... I could fill the page.
And, banana peppers, basically salads or sandwiches for me.

Olives ... I could put on anything.

Sue

Post by Sue » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:30 pm

I killed the jar of green olives in an "olive loaf" sort of version of fleischsalat.

I still have black ones but those are easier for me to eat up. I could eat those out of hand with some feta cheese and a piece of grilled pita. *yum*

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:38 pm

Sue, one of my favorite snacks. Greek yogurt, Feta, green and black olives. Basically a dip. Usually add scallions. Pita. it is addictive.

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:11 pm

Why don't you just give it to friends and neighbors or the local fooibank or homeless shetler/soup kitchen.

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:17 pm

Shadows1 wrote:Why don't you just give it to friends and neighbors or the local fooibank or homeless shetler/soup kitchen.
Because they are open containers.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:18 am

The banana peppers and rings, I always use in my tuna or chicken salad sandwiches. I also use them in sub sandwiches. Plus I just love to sit down and eat them as a snack. Low cal, low carb, low sugar, sour, whats not to like?

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:59 am

Sue, my neighbors give me open containers all the time. When, they move or leave to go back up north. Or, just items they dont like; they know I cook. I get stuff all the time. I don't think neighbors would mind if you know them.

Or what I did on my first move. I made like 20 gallons of soup and donated it to a shelter.

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:00 am

Or, just donate to the shelter. They will not care and appreciative.
And, you often get a write off too.

Sue

Post by Sue » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:48 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:Or, just donate to the shelter. They will not care and appreciative.
And, you often get a write off too.
Shelters around here don't take open food from private individuals.
I was just hoping to whittle down the fridge. I wouldn't feel like dumping unwanted foods on friends- the food I give is cooked or baked and much appreciated in that sense. They are used to getting tons of sweets from me as we can't eat that much and I enjoy them having the extra. :)
Fridge is down to bare things now. As is the contents of the kitchen anyway. Anything from the pantry I didn't figure I would use is already boxed and will have to wait.
As for write-offs, charitable donations is pretty much maxed giving away household goods. I should move more often so I would accumulate less junk. LOL