Kluski (Polish dumplings and cabbage)

Looking for a specific recipe? ask here someone will be along ASAP to help you out!
Dissie

Kluski (Polish dumplings and cabbage)

Post by Dissie » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:52 am

I would love to have a recipe for this. I don't want egg noodles or the packaged kluski noodles. I want the actual dumplings boiled and then fried with the cabbage. Thanks!

Kchurchill5

Re: Kluski (Polish dumplings and cabbage)

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:32 am

This is the only recipe I tried; I also pan fried them after done with bacon, cabbage and onions.

1 raw potato, 1 large egg, salt and pepper, mix until combined.
Add all purpose flour until you get a soft dough (about 1/4-1/3 cup)
Roll in to a small ball, then, add spoon fulls or you can press it flat and cut small into small squares.
Drop into boiling salted water
About 5 minutes, they start to float.
Drain and saute with butter, onion, optional bacon, ham, cabbage and cheese

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi Dissie, that Dumpling recipe of Kims looks good, I'm sure you will love it. I too must give that one a try.

We haven't made the Polish dumplings for awhile but know our recipe does not have the potatoes and does have baking powder ... but at the moment my cookbooks are still packed away. Prehaps someone has that recipe close at hand - giving you another version to add variety come mealtime. I am sure both are equally good especially for those of us who are cabbage lovers. I am known to say - one cannot have too many recipes for cabbage! !! :)

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:28 pm

I think I had one with baking powder too. I can't find that one. This is the only one I kept.
And of course it is one potato grated or fine shredded, I just do it by hand. I'm sure the baking powder would give it a nice lift too.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:42 pm

These both sound good. I am sure these type of dishes, there will be many ways to make them. I saw a few things on youtube for them. I think maybe just the dumplings may be called kluski and when you add cabbage it becomes kluski _______ fill in the blank. I saw several things.

I guess I might just try and make them on the fly and then post my errors or good things! :D

Thanks for your input! If you find a recipe, please let me know, I will be trying to this tomorrow night or Saturday night and will check this thread again before I actually try it.