Pulled Pork or Beef Recipe

Looking for a specific recipe? ask here someone will be along ASAP to help you out!
Dot

Pulled Pork or Beef Recipe

Post by Dot » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:15 pm

I am looking for a tried and true pulled pork or pulled beef recipe. I am looking to serve a large group. Any suggestions that you might have would be appreciated. thanks

Shadows1

Re: Pulled Pork or Beef Recipe

Post by Shadows1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:13 pm

This recipe has been in my family for generations, #recipe9828 , from Southern MD.
We shred the meat as it cooks, it can be multilied and converted to a large slow cooker. Hope it helps get you started.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:26 pm

If you can eat, you can make it!

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:31 pm

If you can eat, you can make it!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:49 pm

Hi Dot, sounds like you have a gathering happening!

Pulled pork is great for gatherings, super easy and a real crowd pleaser. I don't have a recipe posted but surprisingly Carols is almost identical to the one I make. Loving variety will see me back to print out the ALL the Pulled pork recipes. :)

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Kittens recipe sounds wonderful! Shadows sounds wonderful too! Good luck choosing! I always do mine differently, no recipes usually, just throw things in the crockpot.

Sue

Post by Sue » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:03 am

If you do a pork roast in the crock pot it is like a shredded pork carnitas- so check recipes for carnitas as well. The seasonings in carnitas are just fine when barbecue sauce is added.
The process for the oven or the smoker are the same- keeping the temperature around 250 until it is done.
Braising on the stove top in a cup or two of liquid with onion garlic and peppercorns added is also a good way- just braise it over low heat until you can take a fork and twist the meat.
Crock pot- just cook it all day. You know how it goes.
You can also do the same thing with a beef chuck roast if you don't want pork.
If you dry roast the meat (as in a smoker) you can also use a spice rub for extra flavor. Otherwise the flavors you add should go into your liquid, such as garlic, onion, and if you want anything else, like liquid smoke, paprika or other seasonings.
You can get creative and add a little but of maple syrup (but not too much) for a maple flavor that adds a little sweetness and is good for autumn.
The sky is the limit! 8-)