iso sweet and sour sauce recipe without ketchup

Looking for a specific recipe? ask here someone will be along ASAP to help you out!
thoughtwisty

iso sweet and sour sauce recipe without ketchup

Post by thoughtwisty » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:22 am

Hello, I have been searching high and low for a recipe for sweet and sour sauce that is not made with ketchup. I printed one out long ago and have since lost it. Some of the ingredients included green pepper, onion, pineapple, and tomatoes. The recipe was by Kittencall to go with her fabulous chicken balls. There is a current sweet and sour sauce posted but it is different from the original one i used. My family is not very happy with me losing this wonderful sauce recipe. If anyone happens to have one that does not use ketchup I would greatly appreciate a copy. Thank you very much in advance :)

KittenCal

Re: iso sweet and sour sauce recipe without ketchup

Post by KittenCal » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:59 am

thoughtwisty wrote:Hello, I have been searching high and low for a recipe for sweet and sour sauce that is not made with ketchup. I printed one out long ago and have since lost it. Some of the ingredients included green pepper, onion, pineapple, and tomatoes. The recipe was by Kittencall to go with her fabulous chicken balls. There is a current sweet and sour sauce posted but it is different from the original one i used. My family is not very happy with me losing this wonderful sauce recipe. If anyone happens to have one that does not use ketchup I would greatly appreciate a copy. Thank you very much in advance :)
Hi thoughtwisty!
I changed the sauce ingredients quite a while back and have not been able to put my hands on the older recipe, lets hope someone here on recipezazz may still have the older version for you ;)
thanks
If you can eat, you can make it!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Sorry, I don't happen to have that recipe. Hope someone has and shares! Meanwhile you may want to give one of our favouties a look - it's great not only with meatballs but chicken as well. http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/sweet- ... balls-1811 :)

Sue

Post by Sue » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:32 pm

Here is another s&s meatball recipe
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/sweet- ... balls-8386

Sue

Post by Sue » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Did that have tomato soup in it or what kind of tomatoes? Were the tomatoes in the sauce or added to the stir-fry?
I have some Hawaiian cookbooks that might have something. I just need to know details.

WendyM

Post by WendyM » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:18 pm

I love sweet and sour sauce I see some great recipes here on this thread :)

thoughtwisty

Post by thoughtwisty » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Thank you all for your reply's! I really appreciate it. I will try some of the suggested recipes. Thanks kittencal it was a while back that I printed it. I enjoy the current version of sweet and sour sauce you have posted. Sue I remember the recipe calling for canned tomatoes but I modified it by using fresh salted and chopped tomatoes. The mixture was cooked down a bit then blended in a blender. Thanks again all!

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:00 pm

If you are already using tomatoes in the recipe why add ketchup? Try tomato paste instead.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:07 pm

thoughtwisty wrote:Thank you all for your reply's! I really appreciate it. I will try some of the suggested recipes. Thanks kittencal it was a while back that I printed it. I enjoy the current version of sweet and sour sauce you have posted. Sue I remember the recipe calling for canned tomatoes but I modified it by using fresh salted and chopped tomatoes. The mixture was cooked down a bit then blended in a blender. Thanks again all!
oh gosh your welcome thoughtwisty, I know I do have it somewhere in my paper files I just need to find the time to search through 50 so boxes :shock: :lol: I have many other requests for that old recipe I really need to find it, hopefully I will :)...
and also I believe this is the first time I have chatted with you so let me take this moment to say welcome to our community! I do hope you will make Recipezazz a frequent place to stop by :D
If you can eat, you can make it!

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:54 am

I hope you find the recipe!