Help for tonight! 3 leftover chicken breasts

Looking for a specific recipe? ask here someone will be along ASAP to help you out!
HeatherFeather

Help for tonight! 3 leftover chicken breasts

Post by HeatherFeather » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:01 am

I have about 3-4 leftover cooked chicken breasts (skinless boneless). They were baked in a teriyaki ranch sauce and have some bacon on them. I can scrape off the sauce/bacon, leaving them tasting pretty much plain. They might still have some residual Asian-y flavors.

I am having trouble deciding what to turn them into. I'd love some suggestions - the only things I really don't want to make with them is cream of X soup casserole, no Mexican stuff, no soup, no pot pie - since I have recently made all of those a few times and we are sick of it. It can be a casserole, just not the usual cream soup + veg+ rice/noodles or stuffing deal.

Looking for a hot main dish. I can turn the chicken into the above if I have to, but we are just so sick of it. Chicken salad is another option, but then my BF won't eat it. Any ideas?

Dissie

Re: Help for tonight! 3 leftover chicken breasts

Post by Dissie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:13 am

I would cut them up and make chicken fried rice. Yummm

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:17 am

Or just make a huge salad with big chicken chunks on top. Another yummy meal! You could even chunk them up and make chicken salad sandwiches, paired with a macaroni salad. Or make a macaroni salad with chicken chunks. ;)

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:32 am

Dissie wrote:Or just make a huge salad with big chicken chunks on top. Another yummy meal! You could even chunk them up and make chicken salad sandwiches, paired with a macaroni salad. Or make a macaroni salad with chicken chunks. ;)
That would work fine for me, but my BF won't eat chicken salads at all. I do like the sound of adding some to a macaroni salad - good idea to save for another day :)

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:40 pm

I like the mac salad as well or a green salad; but I know you b/f isn't too fond of that.

I also would do pizza. You could do it on pita and add anything you liked. You wouldn't necessarily have to do a tomato sauce, but just topped with greens, onions, chicken, cheese etc.

Or do a wrap sandwich, they can be warm too. With melted cheese, tomato, onions, peppers, etc.

Or turn it into a Asian type of BBQ chicken sandwich. Add some sweet flavors to a basic BBQ sauce and make a sandwich or sub; Add some lettuce, cabbage or slaw, some onions and it would be great.

Or Tacos ... slaw, chicken, salsa or a chili sauce, even some beans or sauteed peppers and onions

OR not tacos but, quesadillas which I love. You could even make them asian with a chili sauce.

Then, more work, make ravioli using wontons. Use the chicken, add some pre-made slaw, stuff and then serve with a chili sauce after cooked.

Or just chop, mix with ricotta, mozz and stuff in shells and bake with either a red sauce or bechemel.