Help locating lost old recipe(FOUND)

Looking for a specific recipe? ask here someone will be along ASAP to help you out!
HeatherFeather

Help locating lost old recipe(FOUND)

Post by HeatherFeather » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:09 am

While sorting through some old recipe clippings I acquired from family and estate sales, I came across a newspaper clipping that I believe came from The Charlotte Observer in NC. The actual newspaper info with the date is missing from the clipping, as is half of the page (it got torn and part was lost). It was an article on a cake contest (I think pound cakes) and the winner was Inez Baucom for a Macadamia Cake (I have that recipe - plan to test it and share).

There were two more recipes that are missing, and I don't have the names of the recipes. The other two finalists/winners were Jane Huggins and Janeen Holmes. This newspaper clipping was from the early 1980s.

I have searched and searched online for the recipes from the recipe contest, tried finding a Charlotte Observer recipe archive, searched for the names of the winners - nothing comes up. I am hoping that someone else might have this recipe clipping with the complete article or at least know the date. There is a Southern Raised Biscuits recipe on the back side, from an article by Phyllis C. Richman on "High Tech Biscuits Symbolize '80s." (I have the biscuit recipe too, it is also on my list to try).

Anyone have this old clipping stashed away or have any suggestions on where else to search?
Last edited by HeatherFeather on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeatherFeather

Re: Help locating lost old recipe from NC newspaper

Post by HeatherFeather » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:15 am

I sent the newspaper an email with my request. Hopefully they will respond and be able to provide the missing recipes.

UPDATE: Wow - what a great newspaper! They sent a reply already and were able to send the text of the entire article, including all three recipes. I am so happy! Now I can test them out. Yay!