Potato Pizza

Looking for a specific recipe? ask here someone will be along ASAP to help you out!
seasons

Potato Pizza

Post by seasons » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:36 pm

Here in MN we used to have a Potato Pizza made by Spudzza and it was sooo good! We had it once at the state fair and a few years later they closed up. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good potato pizza with white sauce/sour cream sauce?? :)

Dissie

Re: Potato Pizza

Post by Dissie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:58 pm

I would love one too! I love potato pizzas! :D

Laury

Post by Laury » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:13 am

Not to appear stupid, but, is the potato used for the crust or the topping? I have been doing some researching this morning and I have found both. I have time today to do a lot more researching so if either of you can answer the question, maybe, I will find something.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:01 pm

The ones I have eaten were potato topping. It was almost like augratin or scalloped potatoes on a crust. I have even had a loaded baked potato one that was really good too! :D

And Laury, you aren't being stupid! :lol: It was a legit question! Seasons might be talking about a potato crust! I was talking about toppings.

Marion_in_Savannah

Post by Marion_in_Savannah » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Seasons, I did a bit of a Google search and came up with this:

http://brothersjuddblog.com/archives/20 ... udzza.html

I don't know if it's what you're really looking for, and there seems to be a bit of discussion about corn starch, but it might be a starting point for you. It really sounds quite yummy!

seasons

Post by seasons » Tue May 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks sounds great... ;)

andypandy

Post by andypandy » Wed May 16, 2012 10:38 am

seasons wrote:Here in MN we used to have a Potato Pizza made by Spudzza and it was sooo good! We had it once at the state fair and a few years later they closed up. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good potato pizza with white sauce/sour cream sauce?? :)
Here it is bread dough, then bachmeal( however you spell that) sauce with grated fontina cheese added, so now is a cheese sauce, fried potaoes on top of that, then pepperoni, sausage, and then mozzarell and fontina grated over top.

Sometimes everything is on bottom and the fried potatoes are all over the top and are the last and then they get crispier .

Have also had it using fresh made french fries, the frying of the fries or slices of potaoes adds that extra flavour. Also the seasonings used is fennel seed, and oregano...

I think I would like to try it with the fried potatoes and anise slices fried together and then put on as a top layer with hot italian sausage.