Passover Cookie

Looking for a specific recipe? ask here someone will be along ASAP to help you out!
Nanab

Passover Cookie

Post by Nanab » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi I am looking for a cookie that is usually sold during Passover. It is in the shape of a leaf plain vanilla (I think) with the top covered in chocolate. Any help is most appreciated. Thanks, Nanab

KittenCal

Re: Passover Cookie

Post by KittenCal » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:14 pm

Not sure what that is Nanab, is there a special name for that cookie and are you in search of a recipe for it?
If you can eat, you can make it!

Nanab

Post by Nanab » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:49 am

Hi Kittencal, they are called leaf cookies, and yes I have been searching for years for a recipe. I'm not sure how or if I can copy a picture on here. I know the cookie is made with potato starch and may have a slight almond flavor. But the cookie isn't a shortbread it a smooth cookie covered in chocolate. It is not similar to the Italian bakery style cookies that are leaf shaped and filled with chocolate that are usually pink or green. Neither is it a cake like cookie.
On another note I have been making quite a few of your recipes for years and receive nothing but compliments. Thank you for all that you do.

lovinretirement

Post by lovinretirement » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:17 pm

Nanab, why not just call a local synagogue and ask them if they know anyone who would have the recipe.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:51 pm

Nanab wrote:Hi Kittencal, they are called leaf cookies, and yes I have been searching for years for a recipe. I'm not sure how or if I can copy a picture on here. I know the cookie is made with potato starch and may have a slight almond flavor. But the cookie isn't a shortbread it a smooth cookie covered in chocolate. It is not similar to the Italian bakery style cookies that are leaf shaped and filled with chocolate that are usually pink or green. Neither is it a cake like cookie.
On another note I have been making quite a few of your recipes for years and receive nothing but compliments. Thank you for all that you do.
That's so great to hear Nanab, glad your enjoying my recipes! we have lots of great recipes here I hope you will stick around and give some a try! As far as that cookies goes I have not heard of it but here is the link to my Jewish friend's Facebook page (Noreen Gilletz) she has many award-winning Kosher cookbooks out, she would have more info on that cookie you are after https://www.facebook.com/norene.gilletz, if you are not a Facebook user I will give you the link to her .com site.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:54 pm

lovinretirement wrote:Nanab, why not just call a local synagogue and ask them if they know anyone who would have the recipe.
That's a great idea lovin!

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Nanab here is my friend's page (Gourmania) she has lots of fantastic Jewish recipes on her site you may even find what you looking for http://www.gourmania.com/

Nanab

Post by Nanab » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi Kittencal, thank you so very much. I am really enjoying recipezazz so much! And thank you no I don't have Facebook, so her dot com is great.

Lovin, thank you for the suggestion I will try to see if my local temple has a women's club and maybe someone would be willing to share it ! So nice to see I am not alone in the baking world !

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Nanab wrote:Hi Kittencal, thank you so very much. I am really enjoying recipezazz so much! And thank you no I don't have Facebook, so her dot com is great.

Lovin, thank you for the suggestion I will try to see if my local temple has a women's club and maybe someone would be willing to share it ! So nice to see I am not alone in the baking world !
Nanab I think she must have a contact us at Gourmania.com if not let me know and I will contact her regarding this.. good luck!.. I just sent you a RZ message

Nanab

Post by Nanab » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:17 pm

Ok Kittencal can you yell the newbie what an rz is ? Lol. I did go to her website and did email her to ask as I didn't see it on her website. Thank you again. And I'll keep you posted.