Post by Tisme » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:04 pm

ForeverMama wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:48 am
Tis wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:52 am
Luvcookn wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:21 am
Updated...

Mouthwatering photos ForeverMama! YUM! :-)

ForeverMama is IT!
Pick Me! I'M IT
Tagging ForeverMama with ~
https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/the-s ... rice-31780
This will be an interesting one..... my DH hates evaporated or coconut milk, yet does enjoy rice!
But if he doesn't know the ingredient's ?????? Whaaa haa haa! :twisted: :D
EVERYBODY don't tell him I have tagged this!!!! :o ;) .......A little SSSSH PLZ PPL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember.... Loose lips sink ships..... Keep em zipped!!!! :| :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the tag, Tis!
Mum's the word! I do the same thing. My son goes nuts if he sees onion in his food and always requests "without onions". Yeah, right. It would be like removing flavor from almost every savory meal.
He happens to Adore my baked beans and requests for me to make it often. Asks "there's no onions in it, right ma?", and I always respond, heavens No! When they are cooked down and imbedded with other ingredients, he can't tell. Depending on what the meal is, I saute them and then whirl it in the food processor. I've experimented doing it the other way around, whirling it and sauteing, but the flavor changes and not so good.
There are many other things like that with both son and DH! I joke and tell them that they have a 5-year old pallet and that the only thing they like is pizza and their chicken dino nuggets.

The things we do, and if they only knew !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tis is IT!
Pick Me! I'M IT

ImPat

Re: Pick Me! Recipe Tag Game 2019

Post by ImPat » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:25 pm

Tis wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:04 pm
ForeverMama wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:48 am
Tis wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:52 am

Tagging ForeverMama with ~
https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/the-s ... rice-31780
This will be an interesting one..... my DH hates evaporated or coconut milk, yet does enjoy rice!
But if he doesn't know the ingredient's ?????? Whaaa haa haa! :twisted: :D
EVERYBODY don't tell him I have tagged this!!!! :o ;) .......A little SSSSH PLZ PPL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember.... Loose lips sink ships..... Keep em zipped!!!! :| :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the tag, Tis!
Mum's the word! I do the same thing. My son goes nuts if he sees onion in his food and always requests "without onions". Yeah, right. It would be like removing flavor from almost every savory meal.
He happens to Adore my baked beans and requests for me to make it often. Asks "there's no onions in it, right ma?", and I always respond, heavens No! When they are cooked down and imbedded with other ingredients, he can't tell. Depending on what the meal is, I saute them and then whirl it in the food processor. I've experimented doing it the other way around, whirling it and sauteing, but the flavor changes and not so good.
There are many other things like that with both son and DH! I joke and tell them that they have a 5-year old pallet and that the only thing they like is pizza and their chicken dino nuggets.

The things we do, and if they only knew !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tis is IT!
Pick Me! I'M IT
My nieces DH is severely allergic to onion and anything from the onion family (eg leeks, onion powder etc.) it can kill him an example they went to his bosses work for a barbecue and when they got home he said he was not feeling well and at that point his boss rang to let him know his wife out of habit put onion powder (about 2 teaspoons) into about 2 pound of mince and the nieces DH was sick for 3 days on just that. He is so sensitive that he has been sick when someone has been cutting up onion and then used the knife to cut up other vegetables even though the onion itself did not go in the dish that he ate he was very sick from the cross contamination. My DH has an intolerance to onion and though I can put it in dishes it has to be cut up in large pieces so he can remove it and not ingest it and I can use small amounts of spring onion in a dish as long as I only use the green part and definitely no leeks for if he ingests it he ends up with stomach cramps.

Pat

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:07 am

ImPat wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:25 pm

My nieces DH is severely allergic to onion and anything from the onion family (eg leeks, onion powder etc.) it can kill him an example they went to his bosses work for a barbecue and when they got home he said he was not feeling well and at that point his boss rang to let him know his wife out of habit put onion powder (about 2 teaspoons) into about 2 pound of mince and the nieces DH was sick for 3 days on just that. He is so sensitive that he has been sick when someone has been cutting up onion and then used the knife to cut up other vegetables even though the onion itself did not go in the dish that he ate he was very sick from the cross contamination. My DH has an intolerance to onion and though I can put it in dishes it has to be cut up in large pieces so he can remove it and not ingest it and I can use small amounts of spring onion in a dish as long as I only use the green part and definitely no leeks for if he ingests it he ends up with stomach cramps.

Pat
Wow, what a scary allergy. Onions are in so many food items.....

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:32 am

Pat...it is pretty scary all right! I have the same reactions (no where as bad) to capsicums.

Tis is IT!
Pick Me! I'M IT

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:33 am

Bea completed NewbieCookTaylor's https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/uber- ... toes-12857

updated

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:20 am

The potatoes look awesomely delicious Bea! :D YUM!

Tis is IT!
Pick Me! I'M IT

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:54 pm

Luvcookn wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:20 am
The potatoes look awesomely delicious Bea! :D YUM!

Tis is IT!
Pick Me! I'M IT
They sure are delicious Patti, thx.

ForeverMama

Post by ForeverMama » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:07 pm

QueenBea wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:07 am
ImPat wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:25 pm

Pat
Wow, what a scary allergy. Onions are in so many food items.....
Wow, how lucky are those who don't have such a sensitive diet. That's scary!

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:21 pm

Tis is IT!
Pick Me! I'M IT