I.Need.Ideas.For.A.Family.Reunion!!!

Moderator: Gerry

LindasBusyKitchen

I.Need.Ideas.For.A.Family.Reunion!!!

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:49 pm

Next.August.I.am.going.to.have.a.Family.Reunion...Looking.for.some.great.food.ideas...Let.me.know.your.
thoughts!...I.am.planning.on.between.100-200.people.

KittenCal

Re: I.Need.Ideas.For.A.Family.Reunion!!!

Post by KittenCal » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:47 pm

Linda are you looking for recipes that serve that amount of people?
If you can eat, you can make it!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:20 pm

That is one big bunch!!! What kinds of foods are you looking for?? What cooking means will you have??? ie: Oven, Hot plate, BBQ, Smoker.....

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:22 pm

I.will.be.making.lots.of.different.dishes...I.need.recipes.for.meats.to.cook.on.the.grill...Hot.and.cold.side.
dishes,.desserts,.salads.etc.

No,not.enough.to.feed.every.single.person.per.dish,but.I'm.looking.for.lots.of.special.recipes.that.taste.
great.,for.them.to.choose.from.

I.will.have.a.stove,.oven.and.grill,crockpots...It's.next.August,.so.it.will.be.hot...

Mikekey

Post by Mikekey » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Linda, just curious, but why is there a period between all of the words in your posts? I noticed it in your reviews. It makes your review format past the outline of the box.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:00 pm

Linda I love to do Casseroles - Sea food (expensive), Chickeneasy & reasonable, Hamburger pasta Tasty and reasonble.
If you want recipesi can post some for you

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:46 am

Planning ahead is a great way to plan for a large gathering Linda, when thinking to two hundred people that makes for one lot of food and one lot of planning.

A number of times for special occasions I have prepared for large gatherings (50 to 100) but on the whole potluck is not only easier but one lot of fun. In any case it still requires planning so you are well ahead of the game.

For large groups we have done the pot lucks which always made for a great meal, we have also had several where everyone contributed to cover the cost of the mains with casseroles and salads being pot luck.

With access to a stove, oven, grills and crockpots you should be able to prepare and keep your hot foods hot, most people have coolers and mini fridges to keep the salads both cool and safe.

We have had our gatherings at home with garage set up in case it rained, in a country setting with garage and tents set up, a community hall and outdoor area. Let us know what type of gathering you are planning and we will share our favorite make and take recipes. Have fun in the planning. :)

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Mikekey wrote:Linda, just curious, but why is there a period between all of the words in your posts? I noticed it in your reviews. It makes your review format past the outline of the box.
I was wondering too, I was like, whats up with the morse code messages.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi Linda, I love family reunions! With planning for a large group I suspect there will be those needing travel time in order to attend, I'm sure you have already put out the word or sent out invitations allowing guests to plan their holiday or time off.

Being a family reunion will you be starting early in the day with plans for light appetizers and refreshments, with mains, sides, salads and a dessert table for supper? Have you decided on what choices you are thinking to with the mains - all outdoor cooking or casseroles and such as well?

At our summer gatherings no matter the mains potato salad and macaroni salad are a given, which has me either make it or assign it to a close family member to assure no surprises with these two - if you are requesting pot luck salads - their choice but let them know the potato and macaroni are covered. Always amazes me the wonderful selection of salads arriving at a potluck with no duplications! Being a fav one has to assure you don't have eight to ten bowls of potato salad!

Looking to hear how your plans are coming along ... I know members will be sharing their special recipes to make for some great choices for your family day. Will be adding a number of recipes that were real winners at our gatherings. :)