Labor Day Weekend Pot Lucks

Moderator: Gerry

Kchurchill5

Re: Labor Day Weekend Pot Lucks

Post by Kchurchill5 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:22 am

Belated bday wishes as well. Sorry I'm late.

Thanks, the menu was good; sort of a standard every year. We all have potlucks in different ways; but, they are always fun too.

I have a LOT of foodies in the group; so, everything is always basic; but, with a spin on it. Foodies always have to out do OTHER foodies, lol.

Even the kids mac and cheese had goat cheese and bacon in it, lol. Most of the kids except the real young ones are foodies too :).

Baking and I don't mix. I can bake, just don't like it. Funny, because I loved it as a kid. Now, I limit myself to desserts.

I do make a few delicious frozen pies; Grandmas lemon pudding cake; and a no flour chocolate cake lol.

It sounds like you have the POTLUCKS down pat. They are a lot of fun.

Most of our potlucks are theme based which are really fun. This was just classic backyard BBQ. Out last one was 70's food. That was a trip down memory lane.

Gerry

Re: Labor Day Weekend Pot Lucks

Post by Gerry » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:52 am

Not only do we see awesome takes across the country for potlucks Kim I find in our small community there are the tea and bake sale offerings, coffee hours, community, church and sports suppers for most part potluck and always well attended. I love, love love our mini potluck gatherings of family and friends (impromptu at times but always memory makers)

Over the years I have made Tapas recipes, never a Tapas party. This Saturday thanks to grandson dd and I saw to our first Tapas, have to love the new uptown Capital Tapas Cocktail Bar in our Queen City! So impressed it has me planning and looking to a Tapas party before Thanksgiving. Heading East for a week, when I get back ... will be hosting a Potluck Tapas Party, watch for a Potluck Tapas thread ... hope to see everyone sharing their fav recipes! :)