May Long Weekend Potluck Party Time!

Moderator: Gerry

Gerry

May Long Weekend Potluck Party Time!

Post by Gerry » Wed May 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Victoria Day our May long weekend is coming up, many of us think to it as the end to winter and the unofficial start of our spring/summer season. Parks open, picnics happen, parades and fireworks. For many it's the weekend that sees to planting of gardens, opening cabins and most of all a gathering time for family and friends! Yes sharing meals and outdoor cookouts with potluck dishes to round out the offerings!

May has been so busy here I am just now getting to my weekend meal planning. As with most holidays much is a given, but as always be it here or a make and take, I always include a surprise dish with each meal.

I know we all love to add new recipes be they main dishes, appetizers or desserts come holiday time. That has me hoping many of you will stop by and share the recipes you have planned for this holiday weekend - photos welcome! :)

Gerry

Re: May Long Weekend Potluck Party Time!

Post by Gerry » Sat May 16, 2015 1:25 pm

Ribs and chicken are givens for our May long weekend bbqs, a must make is the family favourite #recipe7234

Picked up extra ribs at my last city shop with plans to try at least two new dry rub recipes, grandson has an awesome recipe but I remain undecided for the second.

Found two chicken recipes to add to our holiday cookouts - both look like absolute winners!

ImPat's #recipe18644

Tisme's #recipe15117

We love Zucchini which is always extra good with bbq chicken and ribs - Bea's #recipe18614

Must make up Mikey's #recipe18881

I still need to round out my menus and potluck choices, would love to see some new ideas ... come on in and share. :)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat May 16, 2015 10:33 pm

Two of the salads planned for the weekend.

Sue's #recipe8263

Cathy's #recipe7456

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun May 17, 2015 7:14 am

I love a layered salad; but, not the typical. Or not Mexican. I make a Mediterreanean, an Italian one; and one sort of Asian flavors.

Also, I like to make them in a deep glass oval pan vs a bowl. That way ... everyone gets a bit of everything.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun May 17, 2015 10:38 am

Kim! We have a family favorite when it come to a layered salad, we also love Mediterranean, Italian and Asian flavors ... they would likely be winners at our house please share! Cannot have too many Potluck recipes! :)

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sun May 17, 2015 6:22 pm

I am sure your May Long Weekend Potluck will be a great one!!! This is the first time we did not host a potluck on this holiday weekend, everyone had plans so it was just the immediate family at camp. It was still a good time, just not as much food :lol: :lol:

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Tue May 19, 2015 9:24 am

This coming weekend is our long weekend in the US. Memorial Day weekend. The official kick off to summer. I have to work, so nothing special planned.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue May 19, 2015 2:05 pm

How good to see drop ins, I was beginning to feel like I was writing a blog! Weather made for a change to our weekend plans. Grandson did come out to do his dry rub ribs ... but in the oven! They were awesome.

Being only the three of us we went with the ribs and the prepared vegetable platter with a garden herb dip with snipped chives from the garden. Yesterday I treated myself to a Greek Salad, #recipe2233 and drizzed on Sue's Greek Salad vinegarette dressing #recipe8263- it's been added to my dressing collection - one of the best Greek dressings ever!

Hoping this weekend sees to warm and sunny, will celebrate the Memorial Day weekend along with you, seeing I have all the recipes printed and ready to go! :)