Family Gathering

Moderator: Gerry

Gerry

Re: Family Gathering

Post by Gerry » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:24 am

Had a city shop, found a round buffet slowcooker/server with three individual pots, perfect for buffets. Debated if I really wanted another appliancet- decided it will be perfect for potluck gathereings. Planning on using it for a varity of appetizer meatballs.

Great to come in and see so many wonderful recipes! Keep then coming - as I have already said there's no such thing as too many potluck recipes!

Been busy printing! :)

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:32 am

I agree Gerry, I have been lurking here looking for new ideas. We do have quite a few pot lucks on the calendar this summer and I too would love to add a few new recipes.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:45 pm

Shadows1 wrote:Try my "Smokin Buffalo Chips" ( recipe in my profile ) as a good easy inexpensive appie.

Added link to recipe.
I have to admit about all I know when it comes to chips is the teenager loves All Dressed and Vicky's. Did some checking in the city last week and didn't see any Bagel chips. Any suggestons as to where I would find them or what woud be a good substutite would be appreciated! :)

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:10 pm

We found ours at Sams Club.They are not like potato chips but more like party rye.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:48 am

Shadows1 wrote:We found ours at Sams Club.They are not like potato chips but more like party rye.
Thanks, has me realize I was looking in the wrong section. No Sam's Club here but needing a city run later this morning will check out Costco and several of the major markets.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:59 am

Felix4067 wrote:My favourite go-to recipe is my #recipe3488. Make the filling a day ahead, and you can even cut the cucumbers and scoop the seeds a day ahead (if I do that, I lay a damp paper towel over them in a sealed container so they don't dry out). Then just fill and serve.

The other one I can't seem to make enough of is my #recipe5778.
Make aheads are great for family gatherings I am so wanting everything plated or ready to go. Re the crab - could I use the canned crab for #recipe3488

Felix4067

Post by Felix4067 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Bagel chips here are usually over in the deli section with the expensive cheeses and packaged hummus and other spreads. I bet that recipe would also be good on pita chips (found in the same place). I'm gonna have to try those for movie snacks next time I'm at my niece's house. :D

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:41 am

Didn't find the bagel chips but have one more shop, I will keep pita chips or somehing similiar on my shop list.

Of all times for my cookbooks to be packed away can't find our favourite rollup recipes. (unplanned renos so time to be gone) Running late to get everything done by the weekend has me hoping with your help to find something similiar. Please come on in and share your favourites. I am open to new ideas for roll ups as well. :)

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:06 pm

Gerry wrote:Didn't find the bagel chips but have one more shop, I will keep pita chips or somehing similiar on my shop list...

:)

Use small party rye, triskets, or ritz crackers, all should work.