Mother's Day Tea and Bake Sales - come on over!

Moderator: Gerry

Gerry

Mother's Day Tea and Bake Sales - come on over!

Post by Gerry » Tue May 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Here on the prairies Mother's Day weekend sees to Tea and Bake Sales along with tables of offerings at the church, library and town/city wide yard sales. Please come and join us, share three or four of your favourites for Tea and Bake Sales.

Sharing my favourites for the bake table. Muffins are always a hit, especially Banana muffins.

#recipe1932

Super easy to make Cherry Struesel coffee cake is another bake table favourite. (Sorry, still needing a photo)
#recipe7175

Another super easy to make that is a crowd pleaser, Hungarian Poppy Seed Cake.
#recipe2383

Three of my favourtites for the tea trays

#recipe7866

#recipe2891

#recipe2363

Another that you might want to check out
#recipe3092

Be sure to stop at our Potluck Forum and share your special bake sale recipes and photos. Everyone welcome! :)

Kchurchill5

Re: Mother's Day Tea and Bake Sales - come on over!

Post by Kchurchill5 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:56 pm

How good do all those look. Delicious!!!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue May 06, 2014 11:29 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:How good do all those look. Delicious!!!
:) :) :)

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Wed May 14, 2014 11:29 pm

The tart looks so delicious. I love those! My favorite are lemon tarts. For some reason when I think of family outings, I think of lemon tarts. My mom laughed when I told her this, she said maybe 2 times in my life as a kid, we had lemon tarts! Made me giggle. NO idea why I have this idea in my head!

Sue

Post by Sue » Thu May 15, 2014 12:20 pm

I don't see too many bake sales anymore, except at the sauerkraut fest, which is all civic and local organizations on the food, so there is plenty of bake sale stuff. But it reminds me I was going to make some sauerkraut bread awhile back and never got to it. It's kind of like zucchini bread and very popular here. I don't have a recipe up but offer it as a suggestion! (got to be recipes around someplace) :)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri May 16, 2014 9:39 am

Dissie - Lemon Tarts! Along with our old family recipes I also have an awsome recipe for mini Lemon Tarts shared by a wonderful English friend across the way ... an awesome base and one great filling, I really must get that recipe posted to to assure I never never lose it! It is an absolute hit at gatherings and teas! :)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri May 16, 2014 9:51 am

Sue wrote:I don't see too many bake sales anymore, except at the sauerkraut fest, which is all civic and local organizations on the food, so there is plenty of bake sale stuff. But it reminds me I was going to make some sauerkraut bread awhile back and never got to it. It's kind of like zucchini bread and very popular here. I don't have a recipe up but offer it as a suggestion! (got to be recipes around someplace) :)
We had awesome bake tables at our local Annual Spring Garage sale as well as at the yard sales and community groups in the area - but this is Saskatchewan! I am not familiar with Sourkraut Bread but if is anything like Zuchinni Bread and Zucchini loaves and muffins, it would be a real winner in our area. Post away Sue! :)