Come on in and help us celebrate our Canadian Thanksgiving!

Moderator: Gerry

Gerry

Re: Come on in and help us celebrate our Canadian Thanksgivi

Post by Gerry » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:27 pm

Thanksgiving Day in Canada is celebrated on the second Monday in October. The three day weekend is a time of gathering of family and friends to give thanks and always the special Thanksgiving meal, sharing, fellowship and fun.

Life has been such that Thanksgiving weekend is upon me and no plans in place. While I am not hosting the Thanksgiving meal this year I need to think to special dishes for the make and takes as well as planning for weekend meals. Came on by to go over our holiday thread from last year and thought many of of you would enjoy looking through the offerings as well ... and add your favourite Thanksgiving recipes.

Do come on in and share your favourites :)

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:23 am

I wish you guys had a 4 day weekend like we do. Plus the whole black Friday thing. Do you guys participate in black Friday in Canada? I know that question isn't about your Thanksgiving, but I just wondered about that.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:51 am

Gerry I have my menu all together - It will just be for the two of us and a dear friend that lost a loved one this past year. First year alone is very difficult so we hope to help her through it. I'llbe back later with our thoughts and menu

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:11 pm

Dissie wrote:I wish you guys had a 4 day weekend like we do. Plus the whole black Friday thing. Do you guys participate in black Friday in Canada? I know that question isn't about your Thanksgiving, but I just wondered about that.
Years back we were to Minot on your Thanksgiving weekend and it was our first - made for heavy duty crowds so didn't do much in the way of shopping!

Last year noted the great Black Friday e book deals - made for an awesome at home shop! Will have to be sure to check it out come November! :)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:29 pm

Bergy I am sure your friend is thankful that you have included her in your Thanksgiving dinner. During that first year of loss holiday plans are possibly the hardest we ever make. Your thoughtfulness warms my heart. Looking forward to your Thanksgiving menu and the recipes! :D

Shadows1

Post by Shadows1 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:47 pm

Not a menue but we have these for our US Thanksgiving so why not yours?!

Ambrosia Sweet Potatoes

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:58 pm

Three of my recipes are new ones that are private now and will be open once I make them. I can list them before I take them out of private if you wish and then after I make them they will be posted with photos. Or would you rather I wait to post my menu after opening them? Am I making sense?

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:50 pm

Looking forward to your recipe choices, please list them Bergy!
Will be looking forward to the follow up of your posted recipes and your holiday photos! :)

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:03 pm

I didn't pick up sweet potatoes when I did the holiday shop, but I'm sure they will be on our Thanksgiving table! Shadows your #recipe11348 almost has me thinking to dessert, sounds like a change of pace kind of recipe for the holidays. Thank you for sharing.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Holiday time our favourite cheesecake and Mexican Chocolate Cake are a given as one of the weekend desserts and for Thanksgiving also pumpkin pie. These past two years some excellent homemade low carb deserts as well.

We have family travelling in and this Thanksgiving requests are coming in for Mexican Chocolate Cake – a first for me at Thanksgiving! I will be making it with the fudgy icing and pecans. One of my potluck offerings:

#recipe166