Hello and Welcome!

Moderator: Gerry

Laury

Re: Hello and Welcome!

Post by Laury » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:05 pm

My husband's office has potlucks about once a month. He often brings in things in the slowcooker.

Gerry

Re: Hello and Weclome!

Post by Gerry » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:04 pm

foxysnana wrote:[I used to work as a caterer, and this was our take on doing turkey. Bake as normal, slice at home. Pour some warm broth over the turkey, not too much, but a little moisture. You do not want the turkey to float, but you want it to retain moisture. This way it can be warmed if needed. Another option would be to use a slow cooker on warm to keep the turkey warm. If you use this option, you may not have nice slices of turkey, but the turkey will be hot, just use a bit of broth to keep the moisture in it.
Great to know methods caterers use to keep that turkey hot and moist foxysnana. I have successfully used the warm broth method when keeping turkey warm, I agree on your recommend in regards to the amount of water, you want just enough to retain that moisture. Thank you fosysnana!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Laury wrote:My husband's office has potlucks about once a month. He often brings in things in the slowcooker.
Hi Laury, hope you will be watching the Potluck thread along with me especially when it comes to the slow cooker recipes you and Tom come up with for those monthly potlucks!

Mary

Re: Hello and Weclome!

Post by Mary » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:02 am

Gerry wrote:If making dressing rolling it in foil like a sausage, refrigerating, when cold sliced and added to the platter makes for one lot of ohhs and awes -never a slice left over! :D
Hello Gerry. This is a great idea for dressing on a buffet as well as for a potluck. Do you warm it after it is sliced? Can I have some gravy on mine? Another idea is Kitten's Stuffing Balls. I'm not sure she has it posted here yet, but I'll look.

Regarding your turkey breast, I would choose a small whole turkey to make sure there will be dark meat for those who love it. Actually, I think a butcher would cut a turkey in half for you, if you want to experiment. Half for the office and half for your family.

Just a suggestion: I came to respond to this thread after I saw your post in Zazz Chat, but when I came I could only find this "Hello and Welcome" thread. Starting a new thread will let members know what the topic is -- like "Office Potlucks."

Mary

Post by Mary » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 am

Here's Kitten's recipe for stuffing balls, as promised. :)

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/kitten ... fing-balls

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:14 am

Mary wrote:Here's Kitten's recipe for stuffing balls, as promised. :)

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/kitten ... fing-balls
Thank you Mary! While almost the same as mine this one being already posted will be at my fingertips - won't have to search through my cookbooks each time I want to make them. :D