July Long Weekend 2024

Moderator: Gerry

Gerry

July Long Weekend 2024

Post by Gerry » Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:53 pm

Here in Saskatchewan this past month for most part not only very little sun it’s been cold and wet with seeming endless wind. As well major storm and tornado watches and warnings that see this gardener once again playing catch up. As it’s been far too often today we are on Tornado Watch which I hope has passed by. But yes if it sounds like a train approaching I will head downstairs as suggested.

That said I am sharing the 2023 July long weekend thread. I love the forums which see to holiday recipes at the tip of one's fingers.

viewtopic.php?f=142&t=16189

Although it will be a quiet holiday for us this year it remains I still need to plan appetizers and assure ingredients for charcuteries and meals to have at the ready. We are supposed to see to some sun on the weekend, hearing chances of frost overnight and rain showers as well it is definitely not gazebo and barbecue weather which means recipes that can be made either indoors or out.

I am looking forward to making a relatively new appetizer at our house that is a real wow for Brie lovers, have to love that it is ready in minutes. Great served with firm crackers and costini. #recipe41965

With this years weather so unpredictable I am thinking to two recipes that work well both indoors or out.

#recipe2997 a year around favorite at our house, awesome on the barbecue as well the indoor grill or pan.

#recipe1094 another year around favorite at our house. Great served with marinated onions. We like adding tomatoes, cheese, pickles and yes a sesame seed bun.

I need to check out a few more recipes later. What are you making?

lovinretirement

Re: July Long Weekend 2024

Post by lovinretirement » Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:19 am

Wish I lived closer...not for the weather, but the mouthwatering looking food.

Gerry

Re: July Long Weekend 2024

Post by Gerry » Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:59 am

Happy Canada Day to those celebrating. Saturday saw family from across the prairies gather, as always great potluck offerings made for a lovely lunch followed by a great evening meal. We were fortunate Saturday was a sunny day.

Woke to sunshine this Canada Day morning, that didn't last long. Looking like we may headed to another rainy day. Rain I can deal with but hoping no severe storms develop. Will see how the day unfolds.

Checking on the weather I am thankful we are not in the red but that may change "Updated on Jul. 1, 2024, 6:30 AM A severe storm risk has emerged on the Prairies for Canada Day. There is the potential for thunderstorms, hail and strong winds, which may affect your holiday plans"

Lovinretirement, I have often thought to those of us with similar tastes having a Zazz block party, no one would go home hungry! :)