Christmas 2019

Moderator: Gerry

Gerry

Christmas 2019

Post by Gerry » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:59 am

Computer issues and the holiday preparations have made for limited computer time. Once again have had the pre Christmas lunches and dinners. Yesterday saw to the start of our family gathering for the holiday week which will see to full house. Have to love the freezer friendly recipes that see me with a well stocked holiday stash with cookies, desserts, soups and chowders, curry dishes, cabbage rolls, barbecued ribs and our Sweet and Sour. The preplanning sees to a week of meals allowing time with family instead of in the kitchen.

This year decided to go for an old fashioned Christmas which means well filled cookie jars. First on were the gingersnaps
Crocus's gingersnap recipe,
#recipe845
And ... our family favourites
#recipe1581
#recipe3278
#recipe168
#recipe2363

Freezer stash sees to the desserts, four of the given #recipe30589 assures those arrving later in the week don't miss out. Have pastry all ready to bake and fill for the unexpected moments, have to love that Madam Benoit's #recipe7166 is so freezer friendly.

One dessert I wanted to make this year but the icecream I wanted was sold out. Anyone wanting a knock your socks off holiday dessert you may want to check out Chatalaine's #recipe2366 I plan to look for the mini pans to prep and freeze for individual servings.

Our Christmas Eve Chowders/Soup to cover vegetarian and for the non seafood lovers.
The traditional #recipe1154
ForeverMama's #recipe25698
And our fav old fashioned potato soup
Served with our fav freshly baked #recipe127

For more holiday recipes head over to our Potluck Forum and check out the holiday threads as I am about to do before I do today's grocery shop. Now off to prepare the shop list and make up the holiday simmer pot #recipe1960

What are you making?