September long weekend summer gatherings

Moderator: Gerry

Gerry

Re: September long weekend summer gatherings

Post by Gerry » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:48 pm

Plans are for a late afternoon barbecue, there have been hints for our old fashioned Mexican chocolate sheet cake which I will get to this morning after another cup of coffee. It's a cool drizzly morning with steak and chops along with a couple Beyond Burgers on for todays' barbecue. Hopefully this afternoon will see to sunny and warm.

For dessert our #recipe166
When it comes to the icing I usually do the half and half, pecans on half and the other half either the chocolate icing as is or flaked coconut. Today's family members like a thicker slice so will go with the 15 x 10 1/2 pan, I prefer using the pan that is a touch larger. This has been an absolute favorite since that Mother's Day Cookbook back when daughter was in grade three.
#recipe166

I missed on another family favorite this weekend, a must make when we gather is our Feather Bread BM Bread or Buns, will get to that after lunch. Good thing it's so super easy, when I pick up my flour I measure out the four cups and bag to make it even easier. Not only easy it really is light and feathery!
#recipe127

Hope everyone is enjoying this September long weekend!