THANKSGIVING 2017

Moderator: Gerry

Bergy

Re: THANKSGIVING 2017

Post by Bergy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:34 am

Hi Gerry: I love seeing all your beautiful photos and reding the great suggestions that you & others have made. Well this Thanksgiving is now past and it was a very quiet one (I think it's my age telling) but food wise it was MMMMMM. Everything seemed to complement all and each recipe.. The Cornish Hen recipe is exceptional - however the prep time is way more that 10 minutes. I cut the hen in half instead of spatchcock and marinated them for 6 hours. The flavour is unbelievable. The stuffing is easy & tasty. I like slicing sprouts because they cook so evenly. You. can't go wrong with this Sweet Potato recipe. Also had steamed new carrots.All in all it was a delicious dinner.
So here are the recipes for each dish. Note no dessert - we are not sweet eaters and as much as I LOVE bread I also omitted that. We did have a bottle of sparkling German Riesling

Kchurchill5 Spatchcocked Cornish Hen with a Mustard Marinade
JoanWagnerTeller's Sweet Potatoes & Orange Juice
Bergy's Sliced Brussels sprouts with Fresh Ginger
Bergy's Side Dish, Turkey Stuffing

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Bergy, thank you for adding your beautiful photos to our 2017 Thanksgiving at Recipezazz. Wonderful choices and great ideas for that special meal! Our Canadian Thanksgiving is over but our friends to the south will be celebrating in November. Would love to see more recipes from this past weeks holiday meals and hope to see our members contributing recipe plans and photos for the upcoming holiday in November.

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Gerry wrote:Bergy, thank you for adding your beautiful photos to our 2017 Thanksgiving at Recipezazz. Wonderful choices and great ideas for that special meal! Our Canadian Thanksgiving is over but our friends to the south will be celebrating in November. Would love to see more recipes from this past weeks holiday meals and hope to see our members contributing recipe plans and photos for the upcoming holiday in November.
You are so welcome Gerry. I hope many members post their favourite recipes to your Thanksgiving at Zazz

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:41 pm

This Canadian celebrated Thanksgiving back in October, loving turkey as we do I am thinking to celebrate along with my friends to the south.

Be you hosting or looking to do a make and take you may want to browse through our Thanksgiving recipes for some new ideas for your Thanksgiving meal. Looking to see members share their holiday favorites as Bergy did for our October holiday. Thank you Bergy, not only great recipes but great photos as well.

Several new recipes I have added to my Thanksgiving Cookbook are
#recipe28330 topped with #recipe28333,
#recipe28694,
#recipe28695
#recipe28696

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:13 am

That sounds like a very promising feast Gerry. I'll wait to do a turkey for Christmas or maybe not even then. We really prefer a roasting chicken/. I sure wish all of you a lovely Turkey feast with all the trimmings!!!

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:21 am

We love chicken as well Bergy! When making turkey always in the plan when making a turkey for our gatherings sees to container meals going home with family, that which is left is packaged and to the freezer making for great lunches, hot sandwiches, wraps and such. And always a large pot of soup, a must make here!

Have to love my Cabella Vaccum Sealer which sees the turkey as fresh as the day it’s made, I'm sure most vacuum sealers work as well. Love the large and small containers with the screw on lids, an awesome find for freezing soup, no popped lids, no spills and stays fresh. Along with the 32-ounce containers I have added the smaller serving size containers for my meals. When cooking for one the vacuum sealer and the freezer/fridge containers have been a worthwhile investment for me, meals for me and meals at the ready when needed.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:34 am

Luvcooken's photo on one of my new vegetable additions to my Holiday Cookbook. This is great served on it's own or over baked Butternut Squash. Thank you Luvcookn and thank you to the gran that shared the recipe.
#recipe28333

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:59 pm

this is a recipe everyone loves, I often use inplace of cranberrie relish, my brother-in-law uses on his turkey sandwiches, and mom freezes cranberries so she can make through out the year. in about 1965 my mothers colleague gave her a recipe her grandmother made. here it is

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/cranbe ... ecipe-1048

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:20 pm

muffinlady wrote:this is a recipe everyone loves, I often use inplace of cranberrie relish, my brother-in-law uses on his turkey sandwiches, and mom freezes cranberries so she can make through out the year. in about 1965 my mothers colleague gave her a recipe her grandmother made. here it is

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/cranbe ... ecipe-1048
Thank you for sharing muffinlady, I love grandmother recipes and that sounds like a delicious cranberry side for the holiday turkey!

muffinlady

Post by muffinlady » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:36 am

Your welcome I love family makes for Holliday's know you will love if make. Bed time hope all we!l oops thought on different site