Our Potluck Family and Friends Christmas Recipe Favourties

Moderator: Gerry

Gerry

Our Potluck Family and Friends Christmas Recipe Favourties

Post by Gerry » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:23 pm

At our house Christmas season for most part starts with the Carol festival, the Light Tour, pre Christmas gatherings, followed with family and friends gathering over the holidays. I find choosing the family favorites and adding a surprise recipe or two can almost be as much fun as the special meal itself. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day along with the the must haves, always a surprise recipe or two and potluck dishes that family and friends add to the holiday meal make each and every Christmas meal one to remember.

Sharing some of our family favorites and inviting our members to add their favorite mains and including as well breakfasts, appetizers, sides, mains, desserts, and drinks.

I am off to a slow start this year but I do have my Christmas Eve Butter Tarts baked and in my freezer stash.
#recipe2363

Pastries using my favourite Madam Benoit's freezer friendly pastry made and in the freezer.
#recipe7166

At our house Christmas Eve the must makes are our Clam Chowder.
#recipe1154

And #recipe1022

Along with another freezer friendly recipe #recipe126
This year's surprise is a yet to be decided upon cheauearie board and the appetizers.

Hoping members will join in and share their holiday favourites, photos most welcome!
Will be back with more of our family holiday favorites, meanwhile looking for new to me recipes to add to our holiday meals! :)

MsPia

Re: Our Potluck Family and Friends Christmas Recipe Favourti

Post by MsPia » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:33 pm

Yumm! That is a feast! :o :o :o
Last edited by MsPia on Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chaz

Post by Chaz » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Oh goodness! :o :shock:

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:28 pm

I suspect this years planned Christmas Eve charcuterie board to be served with the Chowders is likely a new tradition in the making at our house. Today picked up some great looking feta stuffed olives, all the while hoping I can find our favourite recipe for the marinated. Along with our cheese favs am making our favourite cheese balls. The simple ingredients in this recipe make for one awesome appetizer that we love. It wows and sees to recipe requests each time I serve it. A big hit with quests who are often surprised to find it is not from a speciality shop!
#recipe24708

Another holiday appetizer that I like to serve over the holiday week is
#recipe123

This afternoon got to the making of the picked eggs, another must make come Christmas gathering time.
#recipe2543

With the charcuterie board about done, will work on the menu for Christmas Day, Boxing Day, holiday breakfasts and meals for the week. Looking to see members adding in their special holiday recipes! :)

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:55 am

What a great looking and sounding feast. That is a perfect Christmas dinner.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:43 am

Today adding another of our holiday traditions and bringing out my delegated potpourri crock pots, making up my simmer pots to add that awesome holiday fragrance. While I do have some lovely warmers I have to love the wonderful fresh aroma of these simmer pots that entice and makes for warm and inviting.
#recipe1960

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:41 pm

Sharing some of our favourite recipes for holiday breakfasts and brunches. I know there is an awesome waffle iron under the tree for a family member which makes waffles a given for one of our holiday brunches! Along with my grandma's best ever waffle recipe I will assure there are strawberries, whipped cream, pancake syrup and of course Maple Syrup!
My grandma B's #recipe1973

Eggs that impress and taste as good as they look!
#recipe5197

And for an old fashioned breakfast of sausage and eggs, super easy to make homemade Old English Breakfast Sausage. The aroma alone will have everyone up waiting to enjoy!
#recipe2294

Pecan Bubble Bread baked in a bundt pan
#recipe7248

And for those wishing for a sweet ending
#recipe2808

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:39 am

The pumpernickel bread was sold out when I did my city shop but fortunately a family member saw to one making it's way to my freezer stash, our Christmas Eve gathering would not be the same without
#recipe20938

This morning will be making the cheesecakes which are a must for all but one ... morning of the 24th will make a Lemon Meringue Pie. All good as I happen to love Lemon Pie!

For those still needing to add to the holiday sweets tray sharing a few of our holiday favourites.
#recipe3264

#recipe3263

We all love the delicious and irresistible #recipe2868 and #recipe7858

Thinking I need to add more of the Chocolate Clusters to the cookie jar, good thing they are super easy to make!

#recipe168 and another delicious easy to make that is great on the dainty tray #recipe2699

Love this one from our family collection,so perfect for the holiday season!
#recipe1535

And for the Butter Tart lovers but no time to get to them, you will love
#recipe7866

Still working on the Christmas Day menu trying to keep our family traditions ongoing as well as slowly adding in traditions in the making. Christmas Day will see to our traditional Cabbage Rolls, turkey and dressing
#recipe2055
And the ham
#recipe8741

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:38 am

For those still deciding additions on the holiday menu, as well as for many that need something smaller than the traditional holiday turkey you may want to look to
#recipe2372

and the deliciously impressive #recipe2423

Two of our favourite holiday vegetable sides, dh's absolute favourite, a recipe from my daughter's collection and the one her young son choose for the cookbook created and published as a tribute to the 100th anniversary of our local school.
#recipe7847

One that was added to our holiday menu back in 2011
#recipe124

Need some last minute appetizers?
One of my absolute favourites, in loving memory of Dar
#recipe20911
and one our shrimp loving family favourites that makes for a great appetizer.
#recipe5951

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:54 pm

Wishing all our members a very Happy Christmas.