Let us know what you have put away this season!

Moderator: Axe

kberry

Re: Let us know what you have put away this season!

Post by kberry » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:59 pm

We just got done freezing 3 lugs of fresh peaches.

Out of the 3 lugs we got 12 gallon bags and 12 quart bags.

I couldn't resist so I had to eat a few fresh instead of freezing them.

These will be great through the fall to summer again when the next lugs can be delivered again!

crazyndncook

Post by crazyndncook » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:33 am

This year was a very slow canning year for me. I have lots leftover from last year, so I have only been stocking up on jam, which my kids seem to be eating alot of this year. I made some Sweet Pickle Slices, and been freezing the shelling peas, sugar snap peas, rattlesnake beans, strawberries that have been coming out of the garden.

I also picked up a flat of strawberries and raspberries, a case of cherries, some rhubarb, 15 lbs blueberries.

Gotta get out and get some very local corn and peaches, I have a lady I have been buying from the past few years. Hubby seen her setting up shop on Friday, but we have been busy this weekend, so I had better get up there soon, she sells out fast.

Axe

Post by Axe » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:52 am

80 litres of tomato juice, 10 litres of spaghetti sauce, 1/2 litre tomato powder, 2 litres sun-dried tomatoes, 12 bags peas and 21 bags of corn. Yep, I think we're about at the half-way mark for canning/preserving season. :shock:

Bergy

Post by Bergy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:29 am

Axe wrote:80 litres of tomato juice, 10 litres of spaghetti sauce, 1/2 litre tomato powder, 2 litres sun-dried tomatoes, 12 bags peas and 21 bags of corn. Yep, I think we're about at the half-way mark for canning/preserving season. :shock:
WOW!

Axe

Post by Axe » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:43 am

Bergy wrote:
Axe wrote:80 litres of tomato juice, 10 litres of spaghetti sauce, 1/2 litre tomato powder, 2 litres sun-dried tomatoes, 12 bags peas and 21 bags of corn. Yep, I think we're about at the half-way mark for canning/preserving season. :shock:
WOW!
Ya, and I forgot the 20 litres of canned tomatoes....

DarlaMason

Post by DarlaMason » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:47 am

All I did this season was make refrigerator pickles and froze some zucchini, does that count? :lol:

DarlaMason

Post by DarlaMason » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:48 am

:shock: Wow that's a huge amount, I would love to have all that put away for the winter

Axe

Post by Axe » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Just finished 15 (total) litres of spaghetti sauce. This train in on a roll!

(I think some of it got burnt though) :?

crazyndncook

Post by crazyndncook » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:38 pm

WOW, how much tomatoes did you go through?

Since my last update I got 5 dozen corn, 2 boxes of peaches, 25 lbs roma tomatoes 9 sweet peppers.

I froze all the corn on the cob in groups of 5.

Peaches, most of them were frozen, and I did a batch of Peach Nectar. I got 8 pints canned, and 2 pints were put into the juice jug, and made a dessert with them too.

I did up 6 lbs of the roma tomatoes in 6 pint jars with Italian Seasoning. I have 5 more lbs that are ripe right now. Not really enough to do anything with. I am debating on taking a drive to the farm I bought them at, they are having a sale this weekend on tomatoes $10 for 25 lbs, and 50 cents a lb for peppers.They have some really funky colored peppers, I picked up purple, a really light yellow (almost white) and orange ones.

Axe

Post by Axe » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Today =

13 jars of Zucchini Salsa, 21 litres of Turkey stock, 25 pounds of tomatoes in the dehydrator....Done & DONE! Oh, did I mention a batch of homemade shampoo? Been a long day, but it's not over. Now on to Nasturtium Flower Pesto. Pulling a long night tonight! :) 'Tis the season!! (Hopefully I can point the laptop toward the kitchen for Monday Night Football..... Gotta work on that project...