Re: Late start but Summer is here!

Post by MsPia » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:47 pm

How bout making prunes??

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:26 pm

OMG sure wish it was summer here, lol.

Here is my favorite plum recipe!!!

I saw a recipe for this in a Food and Drink magazine and I just had to try it!! I have made this a few times now with a few tweaks to suit our taste buds. This is great with yogurt or with ice cream but it also makes a great side to any main meat. These keep for a couple of months in the refrigerator.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/sweet- ... ries-20396

Tisme

Post by Tisme » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:03 am

MsPia wrote:How bout making prunes??
Would be good Pia, but wouldn't know where to start. I have never made them before. Might Google it. :)

Tisme

Post by Tisme » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:06 am

QueenBea wrote:OMG sure wish it was summer here, lol.

Here is my favorite plum recipe!!!

I saw a recipe for this in a Food and Drink magazine and I just had to try it!! I have made this a few times now with a few tweaks to suit our taste buds. This is great with yogurt or with ice cream but it also makes a great side to any main meat. These keep for a couple of months in the refrigerator.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/sweet- ... ries-20396
You know Bea, every time I search this recipe comes up and I look at it and think.... Got to make this!
BUT the price of Cherries here is crazy this year.... so it puts me off. They are between $19.99 and $24 a kilo. We have a local cherry and strawberry farm, but you can't get near either of them for tourists! But even then the prices are high becoz of the tourists....Next week they will be giving them away becoz holiday season is over and school is back. :shock: :lol:
BUT I think I might just pay the supermarket price to try this recipe! ;) :)

Sandram

Post by Sandram » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:57 pm

There's a lot of things you can do with plums, I like the plum/apple sauce idea and I think you could freeze that. I wish I had your problem lol!

Tisme

Post by Tisme » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:32 am

Sandram wrote:There's a lot of things you can do with plums, I like the plum/apple sauce idea and I think you could freeze that. I wish I had your problem lol!
Yes I like the idea of the sauce also Sandram. It has not been a good year for fruit ~ one of my trees had hardly any and the other 2 were just so full of fruit.
Passionfruit (hopefully will be my next problem) but they just wont ripen this year..... but so many on the vine.
My son is taking what is left to his work tomorrow, so I wont have many left.
But am keeping a few for a few last recipes and the plum/apple sacue will be one of them.