Pick Me! Recipe Tag Game 2020

No Posting here please. TY!
Luvcookn

Re: Pick Me! Recipe Tag Game 2020

Post by Luvcookn » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:20 pm

Updated...

The fish looks amazing Nat! :-) Awesome photo!

The 48-hour rule is in effect in the Pick Me! tag game, ForeverMama will be issued 2 credits in Billboard Tag.

Choose a recipe from anyone on Recipezazz that has 25 or more recipes posted and you'll be IT!!!

ForeverMama

Post by ForeverMama » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:34 pm

Hello,

The oven repair guy just left and my oven is back in business! WooHoo! I was about to tag this one on Billboard and realized it had already been tagged, so gotta do it.
Tagging Luvcookn's: Crispy Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:43 pm

Updated...

Thank you for the tag! :-) Woohoo! I bet you are a happy camper! :-)

Nat...remember our conversation about your oven? Well...right after that...my oven decided to act up. The bottom element is fine...I think it is the sensor. And seeing that my stove is 37 years old...I just might buy a new one because in our small town...I don't think I will be able to replace the sensor. Going to town on Monday and taking it with to see if I have any luck.

ForeverMama is IT!
Pick Me! I'M IT

ForeverMama

Post by ForeverMama » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:41 am

Luvcookn wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:43 pm
Updating...

Thank you for the tag! :-) Woohoo! I bet you are a happy camper! :-)

Nat...remember our conversation about your oven? Well...right after that...my oven decided to act up. The bottom element is fine...I think it is the sensor. And seeing that my stove is 37 years old...I just might buy a new one because in our small town...I don't think I will be able to replace the sensor. Going to town on Monday and taking it with to see if I have any luck.

ForeverMama is IT!
Pick Me! I'M IT
Hi Patti,
Isn't that the way it normally happens! Ughghgh. I hope your oven is now working.
Right before my oven went out, my brain popped up with the thought in hopes that my oven wouldn't zonk out for the reason that I am in the process of gathering quotes to renovate my very overdue kitchen. All my appliances need to be updated (except the fridge) and how terrible it would be to have to replace them at this point. Right after I had the thought, my oven broke.
My oven is about the same age as yours +/- 2 or so years. They had to pull the whole thing out of the wall because it was the electrical unit behind it that failed. My repair guy said that he can't even get many parts for it any longer. If it fails again before my renovation, I'll have to live without an oven for the time being. Both yours and mine have lasted, which in this day and age where things aren't made to last, I think it's a pretty good margin.

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:24 pm

Nat...So when DH got to taking out the sensor...he found that it was convoluted and time consuming so we decided to buy a new one. So off to town merrily I went and bought a Frigidaire stainless steel with a black top...digital...AND self-cleaning. My prayer bones will be thanking me. :lol: Went back the next day to pick it up as I would not have had it for over a week if they delivered it.

You are so right...they do not make things to last anymore and we have had good use for all these years. Sad that we have become a disposable society. Hope you don't have to replace too soon!

Choose a recipe from anyone on Recipezazz that has 25 or more recipes posted and you'll be IT!!!

ImPat

Post by ImPat » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:31 pm

Luvcookn wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:24 pm
Nat...So when DH got to taking out the sensor...he found that it was convoluted and time consuming so we decided to buy a new one. So off to town merrily I went and bought a Frigidaire stainless steel with a black top...digital...AND self-cleaning. My prayer bones will be thanking me. :lol: Went back the next day to pick it up as I would not have had it for over a week if they delivered it.

You are so right...they do not make things to last anymore and we have had good use for all these years. Sad that we have become a disposable society. Hope you don't have to replace too soon!

We have replaced our microwave on Saturday after the old one gave up the ghost but we had it for nearly 18 years so can't complain about that but the new one may need me to get a pilots licence as I try to work it out as it as 16 different cooking modes from defrosting to softening up butter and then there are other options so there may be a bit of trial and error.

Pat

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:45 am

Oh Pat...I know...the manual that came with my stove...is so thick that I find it daunting! Hope you don't get too overwhelmed going through yours. :-)

WhatamIgonnaeatnext?

Post by WhatamIgonnaeatnext? » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:58 am

I would like to tag #recipe27082, posted by Fizzybrat. I'm gonna have a busy few days. I'll need this. 💪

Luvcookn

Post by Luvcookn » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:25 am

Updated...

Hope all goes well for you What! :-)

WhatamIgonnaeatnext? is IT!
Pick Me! I'M IT

Mikekey

Post by Mikekey » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:55 pm

Under the 48 hour rule:

Mikekey tagging dienia's Crockpot Pepsi Pork Roast