Hats off to Kchurchill5

Do you have a recipe that you have made from this site that you think is extra special and deserves some extra exposure, then post it here and tell everyone why!
Strictly for recipes you have tried personally and would like to recommend to the community.
acerast

Hats off to Kchurchill5

Post by acerast » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Hats off to Kchurchill5. :D My family loved her Easy Crock Pot V8 Roast with Potatoes! http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/easy-c ... atoes-7047
Not only is it easy and delicious but this recipe has an extra-added bonus. It makes a lot of juice/gravy that I then combined with the leftover beef and potatoes, frozen vegetables and barley to make a lovely pot of Vegetable Beef Barley Soup. Yum!! Any recipe that tastes as good as the V8 Pot Roast and provides an additional meal deserves more than 5 stars in my book.

Kchurchill5

Re: Hats off to Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:43 pm

ACE, found it!

A special thanks for such a nice post. And, I do admit ... I love the gravy too. That is why I always say ... DO NOT throw it out. Like you said, 2 meals in one. I am so glad you enjoyed it. The soup sounds delicious! Thank you again :YMHUG:

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:59 pm

Thanks Acer for bringing this recipe to my attention. I NEED more crock pot recipes.
Glad you loved it, will definitely be trying soon. Got to get to the store and get v8 juice. Plus the fresh herbs. Looking forward to using the sauce to make a new dish. Probably in the crock pot! ;)

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:03 am

Dis, Ac made soup which is delicious. One of my favorites was a patty.

I made a burger patty, but more like a salisbury; added some onion, herbs, garlic, bread crumbs, etc, then topped it with the sauce One of my favorites.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:25 am

That sounds good Kim. I will have to taste it to see what pops into my head. But your idea sounds good too. But I keep thinking to myself, soup. You know how I love soup. Now I am getting excited. Almost threw on my shoes to run to the store...but heck its cold, and already been to walmart today! :lol: Now if I was still living in GA, off to Kroger I would have ran!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:13 am

I remember the cold Dis, you just want to go out as little as possible.

acerast

Post by acerast » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:08 am

Kchurchill5 wrote:Dis, Ac made soup which is delicious. One of my favorites was a patty.

I made a burger patty, but more like a salisbury; added some onion, herbs, garlic, bread crumbs, etc, then topped it with the sauce One of my favorites.
I will have to try this dinner plan - it sounds so easy and good! I am thinking that the "juice" would freeze okay too for future use - maybe even in ice cubes so that it could be used as needed add extra flavor to various dishes. For example, I usually add broth rather than water when I add the seasonings to taco meat. Hmmmm.... so very many uses. :D