TUTORIAL REQUESTS

Moderators: Derf, Bergy, QueenBea

Bergy

Re: TUTORIAL REQUESTS

Post by Bergy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Dreamer_in_Ontario wrote:Do you think a tutorial on proper sheet folding would help? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dreamer if I had a tutorial on folding the fitted sheets and I did it properly my linen closet would sure look neater :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but it won't help you with folding egg whites!

Sue

Post by Sue » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:36 pm

I overlooked this forum until now. I had no idea what it was about. I thought it was a "tips for taking food photos" forum for some reason. :oops:
I wish I had known there were recipe demonstrations in here. I am just dense. :lol:

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:44 am

Dreamer_in_Ontario wrote:I'd love to see a tutorial on the correct to fold egg whites into a dish. I don't believe I've ever done it properly
I don't come across recipes that do this too often but Idid it recently with my Italian Cream Cake recipe. Sorry I didn't get photos.
But---
What you do is whip up your egg whites until they are stiff, and using a rubber spatula, very gently fold them into the mixture, gently as to not break down the air whipped into the whites too much. Called folding because you put some egg whites on top and use the spatula to fold the batter over the white, ever so gently. Much gentler than either whisking or stirring.
It's really easy to do. If you did it wrong you were simply rough handling the egg whites.
Think ---gently----kind of like the way one ices a cake.

Dreamer_in_Ontario

Post by Dreamer_in_Ontario » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:42 am

Thanks Sue. Bergy, you're a card, lol