Welcome!

Jessica

Welcome!

Post by Jessica » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi, and welcome to the Healthy Living forum! Here we will discuss anything from special diets, exercise, and anything related to living healthy. Please feel free to post, and if you have any questions about this forum, Denise, MaMere or I can help you. Thanks!

KittenCal

Re: Welcome!

Post by KittenCal » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:45 am

Hi, great forum!

I have a quick question, do you know if Stevia is any safer to use that Sugar Twin?

TY

Jessica

Post by Jessica » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Kittencal wrote:Hi, great forum!

I have a quick question, do you know if Stevia is any safer to use that Sugar Twin?

TY
I believe Stevia is better because it comes from a plant, and Sugar Twin is chemicals. Stevia is very sweet, so you need less, say for instance, in your coffee. Two teaspoons of stevia would be too much, so it's to taste.

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:06 pm

thank you for your reply and info Jessica

Jessica

Post by Jessica » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:04 pm

Glad I could help Kitten!

missmanda

Post by missmanda » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:42 am

Good morning :D I tried Stevia, and I suggest you watch how much you use. For the same effect you could eat a bag of prunes :shock:

I use Splenda, which is a chemical. But I looked up some research on it and found that it isn't absorbed so it passes right through the body. But not at the same jet speed as other sweeteners!!

I also found where there haven't been any ill effects found in people who use Splenda. My luck they'll find out much later what the harm is and it'll be too late for me :o :lol:

KittenCal

Post by KittenCal » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:01 am

missmanda wrote:Good morning :D I tried Stevia, and I suggest you watch how much you use. For the same effect you could eat a bag of prunes :shock:

I use Splenda, which is a chemical. But I looked up some research on it and found that it isn't absorbed so it passes right through the body. But not at the same jet speed as other sweeteners!!

I also found where there haven't been any ill effects found in people who use Splenda. My luck they'll find out much later what the harm is and it'll be too late for me :o :lol:
OMG Mandie, that is too funny!!! :lol:

missmanda

Post by missmanda » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:30 am

:lol:

Denise

Post by Denise » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:31 pm

missmanda wrote:Good morning :D I tried Stevia, and I suggest you watch how much you use. For the same effect you could eat a bag of prunes :shock:

Ohmigosh, LOL!! :D

Cheesehead

Post by Cheesehead » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Is this the forum where I might post about gf or cf things/ideas/recipes? I get excited when I find one that the kids like, LOL! ;)