Exercise and Motivation

crazyndncook

Re: Exercise and Motivation

Post by crazyndncook » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:14 am

I hope everyone is doing well. I am feeling about 85% right now, doing my best to take it easy. Which isn't easy. I had my son home on Thursday so I did a quick clean out of one freezer. I have a bunch of stuff that I have been pushing around in there, and decided that it was time to finally just toss it. I ended up filling the freezer basket with things that needed to go, mostly veggies that went to the compost. A few things that went to the garbage.

MaMere

Post by MaMere » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:45 am

Hi Crazy, happy that you are well on your way to healing. That was a big project you got taken care of. To clean out the freezer is not an easy task. Always feels so great to get it taken care of though.
My big organization "thing" this week was organizing and cleaning out the linen closet. I bought some Space Bags, the cube style, and away I went. I went through every linen set, and either tossed it, washed it, then organized into stacks of which bed it went with. Then, Into the space bag it went! I did the same with the dish towels etc... I am now using a quarter of the space, and it is clean! Love it!
Next will be the closets, after Hubby finishes the last bedroom closet. He is installing cedar as the lining of them, and then doing the closet organizers. Space Bags sells wardrobe style too, and I also purchased 2 boxes of those, to get started.

Laury

Post by Laury » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:55 am

Crazy, I'm thrilled you already feel a lot better and got some things done. MaMere, you are getting a lot of things done also like cleaning out a closet. I don't know if I will ever be up to that much cleaning.

Today, for the first day this week, I walked for 30 minutes and worked on my medicines. We are in the process of changing pharmacies so a lot has to be changed. I keep a list of medicines and vitamins I take and a list Tom takes. His is very small. I have about 20 items on mine. On each list I keep the pharmacy name and phone number. My doctor keeps a copy in my medical file on the first page. Then when she needs something called in, the phone number is there. I hope to get those finished today.

MaMere

Post by MaMere » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi Laury, Hoping the switchover between pharmacies is a smooth transition for you and Tom. Happy that you were able to exercise a bit today, just don't overdo!

Laury

Post by Laury » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Today when I was watching The Revolution, one of the hosts, the trainer, stated "There is never a reason not to exercise. You should change up your exercise!!" I don't think he knows a whole lot. There are reasons to not exercise and not to change the exercise, Maybe tomorrow I will change my exercise by starting in the bathroom instead of the living room.

Laury

Post by Laury » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:39 pm

The pharmacy switch over is going beautifully!! The pharmacy we were going to often has huge lines. The new pharmacy never has lines because they are open 24/7. When Tom is picking up vitamins i need, the pharmacist even leaves the pharmacy for a moment to help him choose which one to buy. He is much happier with the change.

I have been having a hard time not overdoing. Today instead of walking for 10 minutes, I dusted for 15 minutes. It wasn't a great idea. I am back on oxygen having had a bad asthma attack. I never know how to not overdo.

Laury

Post by Laury » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:27 am

My body has gone on strike since last Saturday. It's very upsetting. First it was from where my leg meets my torso down to my knee. It wouldn't stop cramping. Now it is mostly the knee. My doctor is on vacation and the other doctor claims I am taking all I am permitted to take. There is nothing that can be done. I have had to sleep sitting up many nights so I sleep in my recliner. Since I can barely walk, exercising has been our of the question.

MaMere

Post by MaMere » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:41 am

Good Morning Laury!
I hadn't gotten notice on this thread till this morning.
I am so happy te changeover is going well for you, that is a biggy, that can turn into a huge point of frustration for some. That they are open 24/7 is a big bonus too!
Sorry that your body has been on strike. :( Just take it easy. My Prayers are always with you, I hope the cramping leaves your knee now too. Take care of you Friend.

Laury

Post by Laury » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:37 am

I am going today to get more x-rays and an ultrasound. If they didn't see something in my mammagram, then what are they going to ultrasound?
Obviously they are sure they saw something. Now I have to decide what I want to have happen to it. Very scary and sad time. Tom said that they aren't certain. If they weren't certain, they would only be doing x-rays.

MaMere

Post by MaMere » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:57 am

Hi Laury, will be thinking of you and saying prayers. Please try not to worry. It can be as simple as having Fibrocystic breast tissue. I've had to have an ultrasound before, so, its common.
Gentle Hugs Friend