Exercise and Motivation

crazyndncook

Re: Exercise and Motivation

Post by crazyndncook » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:10 am

Laury, I am happy you are listening to Tom about not exercising. He almost knows you better than you know yourself. :shock: , Take care and get some rest. I hope that Blue Cross covers your 24/7 oxygen costs. Probably since they are saying you should be on it. Take some time to rest and get better, you know that Tom will let you walk again sooner than later once you are better.

I haven't exercised. I feel too scared too. I know a co-worker was saying she was too scared to eat because of gallbladder flair-ups before she got hers removed. But I don't feel that way unless I am having a massive attack. I am just scared of exercise, since I realized that gets it going.

Laury

Post by Laury » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:13 am

From the very beginning of my being a chronically ill patient of my doctor she explained things to both Tom and me. My health care is taken care of by 4 people (It's kind of a square.) I am in one corner taking my medicines, following my doctor's advice and deciding what I can do minute by minute. Another corner is my pharmacist who gives me the drugs my doctor prescribes. The doctor is in one corner trying to diagnose and prescribe what drugs will help. Finally Tom is there as the fourth corner. He decides long-term what we attempt. He also sees me each day and acts as the doctor's eyes on days she doesn't see me. Each quarter of the square has a part to play and things only they can do.
Right now I am not breathing well enough, even on oxygen, to argue.

crazyndncook

Post by crazyndncook » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Laury, I hope the last few days have gone well for you. Hoping your breathing has improved. Sorry I have been gone so long, just been tired and not wanting to go on the internet at night, and too busy at work to do it.

We have been having water troubles lately, right now I have the tap running full boar because they flushed the water system and now it is murky, then before that trouble started out the dishwasher broke down so I have been hand washing everything and using paper and plastic.

Then Wednesday I wasn't at the school we were out at a ski trip, I got to sit in the lodge all day serving food out of a cooler and boxes. I can't wait for the end of the day.

But the upside to all this work is I got my pay for the Healthy Cooking Workshop I did last week. I am going shopping for me this weekend. I got paid $250 and was given a new Crock-pot duo. Only problem is the crock-pots are only 2.5 qt each. Not really big enough for a meal for my family. So I guess I am going to have to find converted rice or something else I can make as a side dish in one and meat in the other.

Cranberry

Post by Cranberry » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:39 pm

Hello Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!

My goal so far this winter was not to gain any weight. So I have been taking it easy but now I am ready to get back into the thick of things.

Some goals I have
*change up the veggies. I have gotten really lazy there.
*track my calories/food one day a week
*cut back with the chocolate. Except for Valentines day. There WILL be chocolate :lol:
*Make sure I don't slide back into my bad habits. This is something I am really worried about. On the one hand my way of eating is fairly easy on the other hand it's really easy to have an extra piece or a "little of that" when you shouldn't or to skip a serving of vegetables.
For exercise I don't have any goals. I think staying consistent is the most important thing but there isn't anything that I am interested in. I like to have something to work towards so I feel a bit lost.

You guys have given me lots of encouragement and advice. Here are some things I have done because of you:
I have went back to cottage cheese and finally found a combination that works (for the good of my wallet, health, and taste buds) I mix 1/2 a cup with about a tsp of sugar free/low cal type jam.
I have been eating chicken but now I am really eating chicken. I bought a bag of frozen plain chicken breasts from Costco. They are huge :shock: but it's great. It cooks up fast and is affordable.
:D

Big hugs to all, especially those going through health problems.

crazyndncook

Post by crazyndncook » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:17 am

Tomorrow I meet with the surgeon. But by the looks of things it is going to be months before my surgery. There was an article in the paper on Thursday, the hospital has been canceling elective surgeries, and that they have been putting patients into hallways because there is no rooms. :o :cry:

crazyndncook

Post by crazyndncook » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:30 am

I got a surgery date, I can't believe it is so close. It is on Leap Year Day. 2 weeks and 2 days left, woohoo.

Laury

Post by Laury » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:10 am

Crazy, I am very pleased for you that your surgery date is coming up so soon. The medical problem you have is not anything concerned with elective surgeries. Those, I look at, as mostly plastic surgery or something which you can delay if necessary.
I send prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family.

crazyndncook

Post by crazyndncook » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:08 am

Thanks Laury, I can't wait until my surgery, I am hoping that it will resolve alot of the the problems I have been having with my digestion (upset stomachs, tummy aches, rumbly tummy), back pain (as it seems my inflamed gallbladder was the actual cause to that), and even my allergies (got relief when taking anti-inflammatory pills, maybe just maybe that was causing all my lymph nodes to be flared up too).

And most of all eat normally again, salads, fresh fruit and veggies, milk and milk products. I miss salads so much right now, but I can't stand the rumbling later. And having to pay $5 for 1.89 L of rice milk. And maybe not gag at the thought of eating Fried Bread once again.

Maybe I will be young again, lol, I have felt so old and falling apart lately with all these things going on.

I have high expectations don't I? :D Well I just hope I come out of with minimum invasion, I have already had a burst appendix out, I don't want anymore big scars like that. Not that this chick will ever have a bikini body.

MaMere

Post by MaMere » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:26 pm

will be thinking of you crazy! please keep us updated when you can!

Laury

Post by Laury » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:15 am

I was able to walk my 3 10 minute periods today which I'm very pleased with. I got less than 4 hours sleep last night so I am extremely tired but I just kept pushing myself.
I had to take 2 weeks off because I had been sick with sinusitis and bronchitis. When only one of my lungs works, and I got bronchitis, I had to just stop and rest.