My lowering the carbs daily journal

HeatherFeather

Re: My lowering the carbs daily journal

Post by HeatherFeather » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:14 am

Dissie wrote:You said you were looking for different things to eat. How about a portabello pizza? I loved those when I was low carbing.
That does sound very good - thanks.

I am down 7 pounds total as of today. I had a bad day yesterday emotionally, so I had no appetite at dinner. I have always been unable to eat when I am upset. So nothing but iced tea last night for dinner - I know it is unhealthy, but it just wasn't happening.

I still have no appetite today, so just coffee, water, and tea this morning. I can't eat until I feel better

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:06 am

Yesterday I didn't eat very much the entire day - I did make myself eat some leftover ham for lunch and I had a small amount of cheese as a snack later on. At about 1/4 of a jumbo avocado with some crab salad in the center. I did have an ice cream bar too - didn't have many calories, had a migraine and the icy treat soothed my pain a bit.

Pretty lousy day overall.

I feel slightly less awful today so I will try to eat some eggs for breakfast with a little ham. I am getting sick of the leftover ham, let me tell you!

Lunch will be more crab salad (homemade) and avocado

Dinner - unsure, I have to see what I have in the fridge that needs to get used up. Might be a ham based soup. Leftover veggies as sides.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Breakfast: omelet with a ham, onion slivers, and yellow bell pepper filling
Lunch: ham & cheese on a tiny biscuit (had to use them up), raw veggies with some homemade dip
Dinner: ham slice with mustard, a slice of cheese melted on top, avocado side salad

Allowing myself 1 glass of Pepsi Next (which does contain some real sugar - but it is only 60 calories per glass). Leaving the rest of the bottle for dd.

It will be nice when the ham is gone - I am getting sick of it. I am broke this month, so I am making the most of what I have before I buy anything else, which is why I am eating ham at each meal.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:04 pm

Breakfast: just coffee, I woke up late and completely missed breakfast
Lunch: I made another leftover ham, cheese, biscuit sandwich. The biscuits need to get eaten up or I would have not used it - but it really tastes great to have that tiny bit of bread again.
I also have some more avocado I can mix together into a salad to accompany it.
Dinner: hopefully getting my vegetable soup made tonight, with some ham and beans added for protein. It should make enough for several meals, which will be helpful for my lunches. Might also have some salad.

I know the past week has been very haphazard with eating. Skipping meals isn't really my plan, but whenever I am under a ton of stress, I tend to lose my appetite completely. I am also trying hard to keep carbs out of my diet, but since I can't afford to buy any groceries for a bit, I need to eat what I have - that might mean eating a few carbs here and there just to put some meals together.

Christianna

Post by Christianna » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:43 pm

I do hope you feel better Heather and good luck with you reducing carbs program :)

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:56 pm

ChristyB wrote:I do hope you feel better Heather and good luck with you reducing carbs program :)
Thank you Christy B :)

I went ahead and had a bowl of my soup to complete my lunch instead of just having salad. There was a gap in between when I ate my sandwich and the soup (about an hour), and so it felt a bit like I got in my breakfast and then the soup was like my lunch. I also will have more soup for dinner tonight and will have the salad to accompany my dinner.

The soup was warm and comforting and gave me some appetite back. I could easily have eaten another bowlful right away. :)

BLawson

Post by BLawson » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:26 pm

carbs you say? couldn't go on another day without em, you are one strong willed gal, Heather you are a gal right? I'll say good luck to you and be strong, kick those carbs in butt! :D

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:17 pm

BLawson6120 wrote:carbs you say? couldn't go on another day without em, you are one strong willed gal, Heather you are a gal right? I'll say good luck to you and be strong, kick those carbs in butt! :D
Yes, I am.

Eating low carb is sooooo hard to do when you love to bake as much as I do. That is the hardest part for me. I know my body responds very well to the low carb system though, so I have to just deal with it. I have tried other methods, and for me, this is the thing that I know does the job. Frustratinggggg.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:55 pm

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, 1/4 of an avocado

Lunch: another bowl of my ham, bean, & veggie soup

Dinner: probably more soup, planning to buy a few items at the store today so I might be able to pull off a side veg too

UPDATE: For dinner I decided to heat up some meatballs I had in the freezer, along with a bit of pasta sauce. I served a butternut squash souffle as the side (also in my fridge). There were some carbs in the souffle, but it was not a sweet dish at all. I froze a container of soup for later, and have a bowl's worth for lunch tomorrow in the fridge.

MaMere

Post by MaMere » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:52 am

I've been following your journal Heather, and wish you the best of luck!
I don't follow a low carb diet, but try to stick with unrefined as much as possible. A few idea's for when you ease up on the carbs off the diet...
A Protein Smoothie is a biggy, I usually enjoy one of these mid morning, or even for lunch. Has OVER 30 grams of protein too. One scoop of Wheybolic Protein Powder, one small container greek yogurt a Banana and a small splash of OJ (I buy reduced sugars or fresh squeeze an orange into blender) 5-7 ice cubes. Its smooth, creamy, cool and very refreshing.
Another idea, although I know you're tired of eggs... I put about 1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese on a plate, scramble some eggs, with dill weed and pepper, then lay that on top of the cottage cheese, yummy!
I wish you continued success!