My lowering the carbs daily journal

HeatherFeather

Re: My lowering the carbs daily journal

Post by HeatherFeather » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:24 pm

They have recently revised the low carb system - a lot of previously "bad" foods are now consdered perfectly fine to eat. Most veggies are now considered ok because of the different type of carbs they contain. Berries are also ok earlier than before! Yay!

I was offline since last night due to virus scans that took ages.

Breakfast was eggs, bacon, avocado

Beverages: unsweetened iced tea, coffee w/half & half

Lunch: made a salad with baby greens, 1/4 cup scoop of egg salad (homemade), cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, blue cheese dressing, crumbled bacon

Dinner: Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas (used low carb tortillas) - these are fairly healthy and even though there are carbs, lots of fiber so it is ok to eat. I made dd a wild rice avocado salad for her school lunch tomorrow as well.

5 strawberries
Last edited by HeatherFeather on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:38 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:Great job HF, just 2 lbs here, but little exercise with my broke foot. But good for you. Congrats. If you are used to eating some carbs ... as soon as you cut back, you are surprised how just a little here and there really helps.

Great Job!!

I'm having lasagna pie ... YEAH Carbs. Not my best night.
But lower fat cheese, turkey, NO noodles, but bisquick.

I guess I don't qualify for anything LOW carb tonight. Night off. But I did well all day.

Poached egg; tuna salad on pita, just a few bites, fruit and then a beer and glass of wine ...

I really blew it didn't I?
Shoot me now!!!!!!!
Great job! Glad you are getting around a bit better now that you are healing. I know it must still be awful until it fully heals.

Dissie - cabbage soup sounds great!

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:56 am

Beverages: coffee w/half n half

Breakfast: 1 small scoop homemade egg salad, 1 1/2 pieces bacon

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:58 am

Thats not very much to eat Heather. You need to eat calories on the low carb to make it work! ;)

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Dissie wrote:Thats not very much to eat Heather. You need to eat calories on the low carb to make it work! ;)
I was out of mushrooms and avocados this morning, so breakfast was smaller than normal - I need to go to the store and restock my staples :)

Lunch: salad with the rest of my egg salad, bell pepper strips, cucumber slices, Italian dressing, bacon crumbles

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Dinner last night was leftover Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas and a small handful of strawberries

I also had a small Italian ice cup that was 100 calories

Breakfast Today: cheese omelet
Lunch: a nice big salad using up various veggies and cheeses
Dinner: rotisserie chicken and the remaining strawberries - I was too tired and not hungry enough to bother making a side veggie tonight

Total 5.5 pounds lost so far

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Breakfast: Western Scramble with a sausage patty
Lunch: huge salad with artichoke hearts, chicken, lettuces, cukes, a little cheese
Dinner: Leftover rotisserie chicken, Zucchini Souffle

Beverages have been the usual coffee, unsweetened iced tea, water

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:07 am

Breakfast: Western omelet with 1 thin slice Cheddar cheese
w/coffee, hot tea

Beginning to get egged out, a common low carbers problem. Eggs are so easy, but they get boring really fast when you eat them almost every day. Going to work on figuring out some other things to eat besides egg dishes that I won't be too lazy to make.

Lunch: once again not very hungry, but I did eat a few cucumber slices and a chicken breast left over from my rotisserie chicken. It has been so hot, I haven't been feeling like having anything but iced tea by the gallon!

I was out shopping and had to grab a beverage - didn't want diet soda, so I got a natural lemonade. Real sugar in there, unfortunately. It was actual lemonade at least, no chemicals.

Snack: 1 ounce mozzarella cheese

Dinner: making a mustard glazed ham, trying to make up a version of glaze with very low carbs. I will be baking a sweet potato which I will just serve with butter and cinnamon, no brown sugar. I might drop a marshmallow on top as a garnish - maybe, I might not. I also plan to make some broccoli or California blend veggies to steam as a side dish.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Breakfast: leftover meats (2 chicken wings, 1 huge meatball, 2 dumplings *just the meat filling) - dd brought home food from a family gathering that needs to get eaten

Lunch: had 4 more chicken wings and some leftover broccoli casserole (which has some chicken in it too)

Dinner: leftover ham, 1/4 of a leftover baked sweet potato (that was one huge veggie, cut it into 4 pieces to make it a more reasonable serving size)

Snack: 1 mint Hershey's kiss

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:34 pm

You said you were looking for different things to eat. How about a portabello pizza? I loved those when I was low carbing.