My lowering the carbs daily journal

HeatherFeather

Re: My lowering the carbs daily journal

Post by HeatherFeather » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks MaMere :)

Lost another 1 1/2 pounds since last time I checked.

Breakfast: eggs, bacon, sauteed mushrooms
Lunch: more of my ham, bean & veggie soup
Dinner: I have some steaks thawing, will serve with some green veggies

Snack: some olives and pickle slices

I forgot to add that I also am trying to remember to take some vitamins too, since I am worried about nutrition, especially since I am eating less of certain items. I take gummy multi vitamins that don't have added iron (since I'm already getting plenty from the protein and green veggies) and also an acai chewy vitamin. I forgot to take them some days, but I am trying to remember to take them once a day.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:53 pm

OMG my steak dinner was DELICIOUS especially after a week of almost nothing but ham dishes. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom

served with broccoli and a sweet potato
Last edited by HeatherFeather on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:53 pm

oops double post

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Steak dinner sounds great!

Meggs03_77

Post by Meggs03_77 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:15 pm

This is a great topic, and your steak dinner sounds so good. I do know that any animal and eggs are no carbs also high fat such as whipping cream has no carbs, it's amazing how people can loose weight eating that food, so good luck it looks as if you are doing very well! :)

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:39 pm

Meggs03_77 wrote:This is a great topic, and your steak dinner sounds so good. I do know that any animal and eggs are no carbs also high fat such as whipping cream has no carbs, it's amazing how people can loose weight eating that food, so good luck it looks as if you are doing very well! :)
I was very skeptical the first time I tried it. I was worried it would give me medical issues, but it really doesn't - it improves everything. I am not sure how well it works for everyone, since each body responds to different dietary issues in different ways. But for me, it always seems to do the trick. I will be happy when I can eat bread and rice again though - avoiding it as much as possible until I lose more weight. Sooooooooooooooooooooo hard to not eat bread especially.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:03 pm

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Dissie wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg1EWUXWh0Y+

Check this out Heather.
Looks very good - although expensive. I am hoping I can make something like that at home though - good inspiration

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, sauteed mushrooms (I had wanted to make the zucchini pizzas but didn't get to yet - have the zucchini in the fridge though)
Lunch: leftover meatballs & pasta sauce, 1/8 cup cashews
Dinner: I ate a Healthy Choice meal - turkey with green beans, sweet potatoes, and wild rice. I skipped the very small amount of wild rice and only ate the meat (a mere 2 1/2 chunks) and the veggies. The carb count on this 250 calorie tv dinner was a lot higher than I wanted, but it was the only one without any pasta or regular rice or white potatoes in it - and I had a free coupon to use up. I would not ever get this again - the sauce was horribly sweet. It was like eating pancake syrup on my main dish. I also found it to be very lacking in food - the meat was far less than 3-4 ounces for sure, and there were not enough veggies to make up the difference. I have enjoyed many of their meals before, but this one was too sweet for me.

I am pretty hungry still, so I might grab a side salad later if I am still hungry - or a bit of cheese.

I had 1/8 cup Chex Mix today too -this was not a low carb snack.

I can't remember if I recorded it or not yet, but I had a Hershey's kiss and also 1 Good Humor strawberry ice cream bar yesterday at some point. It was the last one, so yay - no more of those to tempt me.

Still drinking lots of water, unsweetened iced tea, coffee and hot tea.

Hopefully tomorrow will go smoother and I don't plan to have any treats/desserts.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Breakfast: eggs, sausage links, sauteed mushrooms
Lunch: a nice big salad with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, lots of fresh greens & raw veggies
Dinner: delicious baked sausage & kraut yum yum yum, dill pickle

I keep wanting to try different things for breakfast, but I still keep falling back on the easy & familiar eggs (even though I am so sick of them). Hope to get the zucchini breakfast made tomorrow - we'll see.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:26 pm

Exercised today, ate breakfast very late.

Breakfast: leftover sausage/kraut bake, coffee
Lunch: salad of mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, 1/4 avocado, 4 olives, 1 slice cheese, bleu cheese dressing (1 Tbsp)
Dinner: not sure yet - My daughter is having a friend over and I had planned to have leftovers. Now I have to try to figure out something for them to eat that I can make out of what I have - with nothing defrosted. Sigh. Probably making a quiche and I will just not eat the crust.

Also, I was very upset when I weighed in today and saw a few pounds up - so I need to make sure I don't skip any meals, and that I am 100% sure everything I am eating is low enough carbs. I weighed myself after I had already eaten and at mid day instead of morning, so some was from that - but I would have expected only 1 pound, not more. Very discouraging. I really, really hope it is just a fluctuation. Two days ago I was less, so it is odd that I'd gain a few back in such a short time anyway.

Looking back over my past few days to see where I could have picked up some weight: I did have one bad day with the Healthy Choice Meal that ended up having too many carbs in it, plus the ice cream bar and the 1/8 cup Chex Mix. That was two days ago, I guess the weight came from that - but it is awful if I can gain a few pounds just from that one bad meal.

Still not happy -_-