My lowering the carbs daily journal

HeatherFeather

Re: My lowering the carbs daily journal

Post by HeatherFeather » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:59 am

Breakfast: leftover turkey meatloaf and some leftover broccoli from last night
Lunch: salad with a scoop of egg salad on top & some crumbled leftover bacon
Dinner: I made a Zucchini cheddar souffle type bake - very tasty. Served with a side salad.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:24 pm

That zucchini pizza has been on my mind too Heather!

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Dissie wrote:That zucchini pizza has been on my mind too Heather!
I kept wanting to make it, and then every morning I didn't feel like trying it. I would eat it if someone handed it to me, but for some reason, I never felt like preparing it in the morning.

I am so in an egg rut >< They are the easiest thing I can do while my coffee is brewing. I do not think clearly until after I have had some coffee, so I like that I can pretty much fix eggs in a fog >.>

The zucchini got mostly used up in the souffle/bake thing I made tonight. It was delicious and my kid even liked it, or at least - didn't complain about it. I will have that over the next few days - it made a lot.

The rest of my zucchini got shredded so I can make some zucchini bread for my daughter. I might eat 1 slice, but I am going to try to resist entirely. I can freeze whatever she can't eat quickly enough.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Ok it has been a full month for me and my total loss was 8.6 pounds total (I had a couple of days where I had gained a few back, but lost it again).

I was hoping to lose more than that, but I am still happy I lost that first chunk. I am at a plateau weight point for me - for some reason I always get stuck for a while at the weight I am currently at. However, if I can break through the plateau, I should be well on my way to reaching my goal weight.

I am not sure if I will keep recording my daily food or not - I might post updates now and then. I know a few things I need to work on are fitting in more exercise (I currently mainly walk my dog every day and sometimes that is my main exercise for the day). As long as I keep losing a pound or two a week, I will be happy. I did lose more when I strictly followed low carbs rules in the past, but I felt 100% more comfortable allowing myself to eat a few things now and then that were carby.

The other thing I have to do is work on variety - I hope to try out some new recipes for my meals in May. I was unable to afford many groceries last month, so I felt very restricted in what I could make. I will have to be careful next month too about spending, but at least I will be able to buy some ingredients that are more than just the basics. I have a bunch of recipes to try out from my new Atkins book and some other low carb books I already own.