What kind of exercise did you do today?

HotPepperRosemary

What kind of exercise did you do today?

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:25 pm

I realize that we have to exercise every winter due to the work we do the rest of the year or it is hell in the spring when we are going full speed once again.
Today I took Maisy our Golden Retriever out for her pratice in heeling. First we play ball, then we go for a long walk and in between we practice sit, stay, and then we practice heeling, then Maisy is allowed off the leash to run and we practice come and okay (which means she has fee time to sniff and go her own way), this we alternate with commands and free time.
I get a good work out and so does she!
Right now she is out cold after her play and work time! Stretched out at ease!
We try to keep a brisk pace so we both get a good work out.
I feel invigorated right now!
If we could only have some more nice weather it would be so much nicer than that blasted treadmill which I now don't have to do tonight!!! Woo hoo! :lol:
What did you do today?
Maybe we can stay motivated if we share our work out every day!!!
I know I sure would feel more motivated if we all shared! :D
If I missed a similar topic please let me know. If not, I need you!!!

HotPepperRosemary

Re: What kind of exercise did you do today?

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:07 pm

Anyone else interested? :?
Will try to go out to get in a good walk today with my workout buddy. Hoping the wind dies down. Fingers and toes crossed!
Hugs!

Denise

Post by Denise » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Today is upper body workout with weights, but not for another hour or so, have to finish some other things! It's good that you get outside in winter, it's so helpful in warding off the winter blues.

HotPepperRosemary

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Denise wrote:Today is upper body workout with weights, but not for another hour or so, have to finish some other things! It's good that you get outside in winter, it's so helpful in warding off the winter blues.
On my way out now. It isn't any warmer and the wind isn't dying down either. Bummer....but Maisy is waiting to go out. Soooo I guess I will bundle up! Not happy about it, but then I won't have to do the dreaded treadmill tonight. :o
Catch you later!!! I do upper body on the gym we have in the basement. I think I'll do some free weights while I watch tv tonight and sit ups with the ball.
Ciao!

Laury

Post by Laury » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:48 pm

I attempt to walk 3 10 minute periods a day every day I am alone. Since I have to stay inside when others are here it makes it more challenging.

HotPepperRosemary

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:15 am

Laury wrote:I attempt to walk 3 10 minute periods a day every day I am alone. Since I have to stay inside when others are here it makes it more challenging.
Good for you Laury! Just keep moving! Some days I just don't feel motivated, but hubby pushes me and once I get going I am okay with it.
I know that when I get in a good workout I sleep like a baby! Better sleep, healthier me! :D
We just can't give up on ourselves. Baby steps on some days. It all counts!
Gentle hugs coming your way. Your good friend Jelly XXXOOO

HotPepperRosemary

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:23 am

Yesterday Maisy and I didn't stay out for too long...brrrrr....I threw the ball and she ran after it! One arm got a good workout and Maisy got the best deal out of it!!!! :lol: She's lookin' real good!
Soooooo.....you know what I had to do...yup....the dreaded treadmill. I don't know about all of you....but I feel so lazy when it is really cold outside! :oops:
Today it is even colder. Yikes! Ah hate it!!!! :twisted:
If any of you have Netfix Streaming there are yoga programs at all levels!
Just stretching and correct breathing helps me a lot. Not only is it relaxing, but it is so important for us not to lose our flexibility when we get a little older. Notice I said a little older! ;)
Watch a baby breathe and that is how we should be breathing. You get the most oxygen that way and get rid of the carbon dioxide more efficiently.
Free weights and the ball today for me if I don't force myself to go out in that bitter cold....blah.
Will post later. This is keeping me going, so I thank you!!!!! 8-)

HotPepperRosemary

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:27 am

If you do the Sun Salutations each morning when you get up it really helps to start the day! It becomes habit. ;) Fills your lungs with some nice fresh air and lengthens your spine and the gentle stretch is soooo good for the back and hips! Gets the kinks out! :D

Laury

Post by Laury » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:21 am

I did my 30 minutes of walking and I was done by 8:10AM. I tend my best early in the morning. In fact, several of my doctors have me as their first patient of the day because they don't want me in their waiting room long.