Tried and True Gluten Free Recipes

Roxanne

Re: Tried and True Gluten Free Recipes

Post by Roxanne » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Hello *waves*

I am glad Bea asked the question cause I don't know much about it so glad to get some resources to read. I have however been seeing lots of recipes which are GF. My mother gifted me with some quinoa (red and white kinds) and quinoa flour after I was telling her about the quinoa grain and how I wanted to try it. What drew me in was how it is a complete protein. I got to say finding recipes which use the quinoa flour is really hard. I however found a beautiful chocolate cake recipe using the quinoa grain itself and jumped at trying it. It is so delicious! You would never know it isn't a regular chocolate cake IMO. It would make a perfect post workout snack for me. I did a small batch of the recipe, made cupcakes out of them and it turned out so good I couldn't not share. This will be one I am going to make often. I hope you all enjoy too.

Chocolate Quinoa Cupcakes - GF and Small Batch

AcadiaTwo

Post by AcadiaTwo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:36 am

Hi All ! :D
Last time I made my stuffed peppers recipe I subbed out the rice with quinoa and it was delicious. DH didn't even notice. Since he is in the begining realms of being diabetic his MD has told him in no uncertain terms that he has to lay off the wheat, potato, white rice and high fructose corn syrup. Holey Buckets! Every processed food has at least one of those ingredients in it. So in order to get rid of the those ingredients in his diet, I too am joining him. So since I make my own bread, I need to find recipes that are gluten free as we love bread! LOL! I noticed a lot of gluten free recipes use potato flour, which we need to avoid. So I am very interested in picking your brains for great recipes.

Cheesehead

Post by Cheesehead » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:51 pm

Acadia - Do the recipe use potato 'flour' or potato starch? They are two very different things. If it's starch, you could just sub tapioca starch or arrowroot.

I am trying to figure out how to make a gf sourdough bread. I think I'm going to have to order a gf starter and try again. When I try to make starter from scratch, it comes out wet and heavy. Anyone else make gf sourdough?

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Thu May 15, 2014 7:01 pm

I am reading back on the posts here and just saw a post from me inquiring about why people had to go gluten free. How strange is it that 1 year after that post I was diagnosed with Celiac disease. I totally forgot about that post and thought I would pop in to see if I could find some great gluten free recipes. I will have to give some of the posted one a try. I have developed quite a few gluten free recipes that we really enjoy and still in the process of making some of our family favourites and regulars into gluten free recipes.

If you have any other tried tested and delicious recipes, please share them here.

Dissie

Post by Dissie » Sat May 24, 2014 1:37 am

QueenBea wrote:I am reading back on the posts here and just saw a post from me inquiring about why people had to go gluten free. How strange is it that 1 year after that post I was diagnosed with Celiac disease. I totally forgot about that post and thought I would pop in to see if I could find some great gluten free recipes. I will have to give some of the posted one a try. I have developed quite a few gluten free recipes that we really enjoy and still in the process of making some of our family favourites and regulars into gluten free recipes.

If you have any other tried tested and delicious recipes, please share them here.
Ironic it is Bea! I am so proud of you for adapting lots of your own recipes to be GF. I know that must have been such a change, but you adopted this way of life so easily. You made it look so easy.

Maybe you can post how you adopted the recipes, what changes you made to non gluten free recipes to make them ok for you. I have always been intriqued how you did that!

QueenBea

Post by QueenBea » Sat May 24, 2014 6:01 am

Thx Dissie, I might just do that. It was a challenge at first but much easier now ;)