Diet Plans - which one are you doing?

Denise

Re: Diet Plans - which one are you doing?

Post by Denise » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:01 am

Yeah, I think that's a good idea. I mean, for pasta and sauce, that isn't fattening at all unless you put a ton of oil in your sauce. I do not, I use about a tablespoon. Pasta is naturally very low fat, so it's a really healthy meal - as long as you don't eat 2 plates full :lol: I have also served that beer bread with it, if you're the type that just HAS to have bread for dunking. It has zero fat. If you use just a smidge of Land O'Lakes light butter, it's very reasonable. I'd say they're really going a lot for portion control. That is one of my biggest battles, right there. And I'd say most people. Too much fats, portion control. Or as my Dad says, "The elbow action" - from lifting your fork to your face :lol:

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:40 am

Denise wrote:Yeah, I think that's a good idea. I mean, for pasta and sauce, that isn't fattening at all unless you put a ton of oil in your sauce. I do not, I use about a tablespoon. Pasta is naturally very low fat, so it's a really healthy meal - as long as you don't eat 2 plates full :lol: I have also served that beer bread with it, if you're the type that just HAS to have bread for dunking. It has zero fat. If you use just a smidge of Land O'Lakes light butter, it's very reasonable. I'd say they're really going a lot for portion control. That is one of my biggest battles, right there. And I'd say most people. Too much fats, portion control. Or as my Dad says, "The elbow action" - from lifting your fork to your face :lol:
Yes - portion control is very important - as well as balancing the types of food you eat. I do need to make some beer bread to use up some ale I have lying around that I will not drink (leftover from a holiday).

Cheetosandchocolate

Post by Cheetosandchocolate » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Jumping in a little late here. I eat three plates of food a day. No snacks no seconds and sweets on the weekend. I don't pile the food on my plate, and if I eat heaping plates of fetuccini Alfredo I would never lose or maintain weight.
I allow myself two special occasions a month so I have wiggle room for birthdays and such. This plan is family fiendly, and doesn't put anyone in a bad posisition if I were to eat out. If you are interested there is a website www.nosdiet.com .

HotPepperRosemary

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:15 pm

I eat gluten free and you would be surprised at how much weight comes off when you stop eating all that bread, all those cookies, etc... ;)
I still do portion control as I am allowed potatoes and dairy. :o
We are eating a lot more healthy foods in this house! If it isn't here you can't eat it! So our grocery shopping is done on a full stomach.
For desserts we eat fruit! It is actually quite satisfying!
I am cooking almost the same as I always did, just no gluten.
We do salads more often than potatoes and rice. The potatoes I am growing
this year are very high in protein so I am happy about that.
We have also cut down on the cheeses and have committed to portion control with the ice cream.
We weigh ourselves downstairs where we keep the scale and the weight chart.
Weigh in day is Sunday.
So far so good!
When you have a good diet plan it makes it so much easier to follow it.
No skipping meals here and if we are hungry then we eat a little earlier instead of being so rigid with the time.
If we both don't snack then it really helps too.
We both are helping each other. I need it more than he does so he is a really good sport! :D