Anyone watch Home for Dinner with Jamie Deen yet?

HeatherFeather

Re: Anyone watch Home for Dinner with Jamie Deen yet?

Post by HeatherFeather » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:24 am

racrgal wrote:I haven't seen Jamie's show but all of your comments inspired me to take a look at his recipes. Today I made http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jami ... index.html It is a great change from Run of the Mill pasta salads and I love his technique of adding the veggies to the pasta pot. Less dishes to wash. :D That said, I do have to wonder who tests the recipes before they go on the website. The serving count is WAY off unless you are feeding construction workers or Olympians. Prepared exactly as written except for the dressing, which had to be doubled. Again, who tests those recipes? Less than 1/2 cup of dressing for a pound of pasta and lots of veggies left everything a bit dry.

Thanks to you gals, I'm anxious to see the show and try more of his recipes. 8-)
For many years, recipes that appear on the FN site often don't match the amounts etc as given on the tv shows themselves. I always print out a copy then go rewatch the show (or just take notes during the show the first viewing) because I can almost never rely on their posted recipes being accurate.

It is the same for any show they air, so I think it is whoever actually does the job of posting recipes, not any of the chefs who submitted them.