More kitchen bargains found at yard sales this weekend

Share your tips and ideas on making the most of meals!
HeatherFeather

More kitchen bargains found at yard sales this weekend

Post by HeatherFeather » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:55 am

I went to an estate sale this weekend and for $5.50 total I picked up the following:

1 very nice baking pan (9x13") in great shape
2 bread loaf pans (9x5")
1 large muffin pan
1 small muffin pan
1 adorable old fashioned mesh strainer
1 community cookbook
1 Christmas ornament

UPDATE: I completely forgot the Maglite flashlight I got at that sale as well, included in the price above. Those are $40 flashlights normally.

All of the baking items were in very good shape despite being clearly very old. I am baking some pumpkin bread in the loaf pans right now.

I also went to a regular yard sale and grabbed a set of four dark wine goblets for $1 that will be nice for Halloween. I also bought a tall wooden bookshelf with doors on the bottom half (real wood) that I plain to use in my office to set my printer on, just $5 for the shelf. She just wanted to get rid of it, so she set her price very low. It had been painted blue, which happened to be the color I use to decorate with in my office.

Dissie

Re: More kitchen bargains found at yard sales this weekend

Post by Dissie » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:03 pm

Heather, I went to a thrift store this weekend, and really looked at the kitchen section. Usually I am too busy when I go there to check that section. They had so many things from my childhood. Such great items. If I liked jello more, there were so many molds, plus I already have so many. I have lots of plastic, but these were metal. Things that have sort of went away in this time and age. Why have people fell out of love with jello and molding it? It's easy and good!

They had so many little glass dishes, stuff I hadn't seen in forever. People must donate things when Grandma dies. It was so fun, looking. I didnt buy anything, but had great fun looking. :D

Sue

Re: More kitchen bargains found at yard sales this weekend

Post by Sue » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:27 pm

I popped in to the Goodwill store this weekend and got a spaetzle maker and a silicone butter brush both for about $3US.
No cookbooks there to speak of (I collect and sell them by the boatload) but I noticed they don't have as many since they started selling theirs online. Clever dogs. That's what I do! :lol: