Maybe merge this forum?

Share your tips and ideas on making the most of meals!
HeatherFeather

Maybe merge this forum?

Post by HeatherFeather » Tue May 29, 2012 9:34 am

There hasn't been much traffic in this forum for a bit. Maybe this and Menu Planning should be merged as one bigger forum?

I think all of the topics on stretching your food budget really tie in with menu planning. One of the biggest ways to save money on your groceries is to actually plan out your meals for the week - even if all you plan to do is eat out or eat leftovers. Having the plan in advance lets you avoid last minute expenses you buy when you are standing around in the grocery store staring at shelves wondering what to fix - and from rushing to the fastest take out place.

Anyway, thoughts on merging Menu Planning and Stetching Your Budget into one bigger forum called "Menu Planning & Budgeting?"

Kchurchill5

Re: Maybe merge this forum?

Post by Kchurchill5 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:26 am

I think that is an excellent idea.

I thought many of these forums were going to go away. Is that not the case now or did I miss something?

HeatherFeather

Re: Maybe merge this forum?

Post by HeatherFeather » Tue May 29, 2012 5:11 pm

Kchurchill5 wrote:I think that is an excellent idea.

I thought many of these forums were going to go away. Is that not the case now or did I miss something?
They said something about checking every so many months and seeing which ones have a lot of activity and reconsidering which forums will remain. They did already move quite a few that just weren't getting much traffic and moved them into other threads (I think that was a good idea).

I often feel like the information in both this forum and menu planning is so similar that it makes more sense for all of these topics to be together in one click.