Extreme Couponing exposed

Share your tips and ideas on making the most of meals!
HeatherFeather

Extreme Couponing exposed

Post by HeatherFeather » Wed May 23, 2012 10:44 pm

Remember the Extreme Couponing shows that were airing? The ones where people used hundreds of coupons and had a pile of carts clogging a register for hours?

I read a bunch of articles today about how many scenes from the show were faked, coupons were used incorrectly to make the register totals look more impressive (sometimes the stores even knew this), some of the grocery stores let the show bend the coupon rules for customers appearing on their show - such as allowing double couponing when the store normally doesn't allow that or accepting coupons for the wrong items.

I already disliked a lot of what went on in the show - it bothered me to see people overbuying things they would never use just to keep hoarding more supplies. I don't object at all to using coupons and saving money, and certainly if one has room and wants to have some supplies stocked up, that is fine too. The show featured things beyond normal. And a lot was just fake.

TV shows always fake some things, I get that. However, I know that after those showed aired, my local stores started changing their coupon policies. It got a lot harder for the ordinary person who wants to just use a few coupons to use them. It hurts the ordinary couponer/budgeter.

If you want to read the articles I read, here is a link http://www.jillcataldo.com/alleged-tlc- ... ning-fraud

Amazing the lengths people will go to make "good tv." :evil:

ssej1078

Re: Extreme Couponing exposed

Post by ssej1078 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:50 pm

Yeah I know like hello most stores have limits like 1 coupon per item max 4 per check out order, I use coupons but if I have to start a new order just to use a coupon it's so not worth it