Budget Stretchers: Use it or Lose it #2

Share your tips and ideas on making the most of meals!
racrgal

Re: Budget Stretchers: Use it or Lose it #2

Post by racrgal » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:46 pm

I'm going to use my Irish coffee cups this evening. It's SNOWING!!!!!!! Sounds like a good excuse for a little Kahlua in the coffee to me. 8-)

Roxanne

Post by Roxanne » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:48 pm

HeatherFeather wrote:
Roxanne wrote:
The bundt pan, are they all the large ones or do you have mini ones too?
I hope you enjoy it :)

I have all sizes of Bundts - and many shapes.
I have a couple mini ones and I was thinking of doing baked donuts in them. I see a lot of baked donut recipes and I am not buying a pan for that :lol: so I thought my mini bundts would work as a great sub. Maybe you can try that. I only had the idea but haven't tried it myself yet.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Great idea!

Roxanne

Post by Roxanne » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:11 pm

So did you try the baked donut idea heather? I have to report back that I used absolutely nothing on my list. I just didn't take the time to use the glasses when I made desserts (like ice cream) and the cutter, didn't make any recipes I could use it in. But I won't get rid of those items either. Sometimes just when you give away or throw out something you find the sudden need for them.

HeatherFeather

Post by HeatherFeather » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:01 pm

I didn't end up using any of my Bundt pans this month. I am trying to lose some weight and so I ended up baking less. I had planned to bake at least something, but then didn't end up getting it done. :oops:

The other items on my list that didn't get used were my pasta maker (couldn't locate the semolina flour I needed, so that stopped me in my tracks), my sandwich cutters - didn't make many sandwiches, ate a lot more salads, never found my strawberry huller.

Everything else did get used. I used my crock pot enough to realize I love having one, but I want a new digital one. Mine really overheats the food and cooks way too fast. That will be the main thing that gets replaced. I also plan to sell some of my excess cookie cutters at a yard sale. I have been accumulating items in my garage in a pile to sell, once the pile is big enough I will sell/donate all of it.

It has been so empty in here - hope everyone is doing well and saving lots of money.

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:27 pm

4) Creme brulee dishes (Last used a year ago)
5) Bundt cake pan (Going to use with a doctored up yellow cake mix from the pantry)
6) Wilton molded cookie pan (recipe suggestion would be appreciated. The one that came with the pan was yukky.)

These are the items I haven't used. I'm off to the kitchen right now to bake a Bundt cake using a yellow cake mix and box of pudding in the pantry. :)

The cookie pan I will give away. The creme brulee dishes do get to stay because when I want to use them I WANT them! :lol: