Shopping & Wrapping ~*~ Avoid Stress During The Holidays!

Moderators: Kchurchill5, LindasBusyKitchen

HotPepperRosemary

Re: Shopping & Wrapping ~*~ Avoid Stress During The Holidays

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:33 pm

Denise wrote:
racrgal wrote:Sweetie thinks I haven't started shopping for him. I keep telling him that I don't have a clue what to get him. hehehehehe There is a flat screen TV for the garage, hidden under the guest room bed. 8-)
Nice! Dave gave me one for Cmas last year and I love it!
We got one from one of the kids last year for Christmas (50 "). It is going in the screenroom when we finish it up this spring or summer or fall! ;)
We have it in the basement now and use the other one (55 ")for Wii and then it will be the main one when the other tv moves upstairs!
After Christmas I will be on the hunt for one for the kitchen!!!! They have really come down in price! Our first one cost a small fortune!!!! Yikes!!!!
When we were little kids we had the weirdest color tv in a console with a record player inside too! How times have changed eh? :shock:

HotPepperRosemary

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:35 pm

And holey buckets that thing was a heavy thing too!!!! Now I can lift them by myself!!!! Almost!!! Hee hee! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Denise

Post by Denise » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:20 pm

The one we have in the bedroom is a 32", but if we get the house we are offering on tomorrow, it will go somewhere else. Maybe the front sitting room in that house? Not sure. That master bedroom is massive, we are going to put our 67" in there :lol: And yes, the prices are crazy. That TV retailed at $6500 :shock: :shock: You can buy an 80" for less than that now. We'll buy a smaller one for the family room, probably around a 52" since it will be over the fireplace. So cheap now! I'd really like to have one of those that is internet ready, since it will be in the family room.

Off topic, LOL!

Okay, I need wrapping paper, but I'll pick it up Monday. :lol:

HotPepperRosemary

Post by HotPepperRosemary » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:16 pm

I love a big screen! I can see it better! :lol:
Wrapping all done! Yay! I am really tired now too...long day.
Tomorrow we are going to the city for some last minute things I would like to pick up. My cards are hanging up all over the kitchen! I just love how festive they look when I am baking or cooking. :D
I send out so many cards every year and I think next year I am going to go back to the Christmas letter. Easy and quick!
I write in all my cards that I send out and it takes me forever!!!!!! Yikes!
It is time for one anyway. So much to tell everyone and not much space in a card.
Anyone else do the Christmas letter?

Ninner

Post by Ninner » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Denise "please" come & wrap my gifts?

The photos look lovely!

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:19 pm

racrgal wrote:Jelly, I would love to see your colorful packages. I have to be very careful with what I put on the packages. Snickers is not a problem but Spooky will eat most ribbons and some ornamentation. No tags with string because Spooky thinks it's a toy. I've found the wired ribbon to be the best Kitty Proof ribbon. Worse than a child, I could tell a child "no". :lol:

Your packages look so pretty!

LindasBusyKitchen

Post by LindasBusyKitchen » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:22 pm

racrgal wrote:Sweetie thinks I haven't started shopping for him. I keep telling him that I don't have a clue what to get him. hehehehehe There is a flat screen TV for the garage, hidden under the guest room bed. 8-)
Owww, your a sneeky lil one aren't ya? lol... Great hiding place!

MaMere

Post by MaMere » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:24 pm

You guys won't believe this but..our boys always watch about 20 minutes before Daddy gets home, out the window. So, they see him pull into the drive today, and our youngest Boxer, went to the Christmas tree, dug out a package from underneath it (to my SIL) grabbed it into his mouth and took it to Daddy when he came into the house! I was laughing so hard, it was soooo darn cute! Usually he brings him his favorite toy, which is a frisbee..not today!

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:37 pm

Pretty packages everyone. Me. I select 2 papers that somewhat match, but I love color and unique and fun. Every package is different. I also make all my own too. One year I did all my sons in shiny green, my mom is a red/white stripe, Dad in silver, etc. I had 5 different papers. Even the pets got their own paper. I love to mix and match, but still match a bit.

racrgal

Post by racrgal » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:43 pm

LindasBusyKitchen wrote:
racrgal wrote:Jelly, I would love to see your colorful packages. I have to be very careful with what I put on the packages. Snickers is not a problem but Spooky will eat most ribbons and some ornamentation. No tags with string because Spooky thinks it's a toy. I've found the wired ribbon to be the best Kitty Proof ribbon. Worse than a child, I could tell a child "no". :lol:

Your packages look so pretty!
Thanks, Linda. hehehehe Sweetie works nights and thinks I am Christmas shopping tonight. He'll be sooooooooooooo surprised with the TV. 8-)